View Full Version : Personal observations on Wireless ActiveSync

nkannan
03-12-2003, 11:51 PM
I have an Axim X5 400Mhz with Netgear MA701.

I have the following random observations:

1. Many people have commented to a slew of bizarre ActiveSync problems. Generally, they relate to "Looking for Changes" lasting an inordinate amount of time, and things of that nature. What I have noticed is that a "bad" message in your inbox could be the culprit. This is especially true when things are working great for weeks and suddenly stop working. Create a temp folder in outlook, move all your inbox files there, and then try syncing and see how it goes.

2. As for power management and always on email, my situation is that I have about 2-5 hours a day of meetings. Otherwise I am at my desk. I have my unit set to stay connected when syncing via the network, and when I am in a meeting, I run activesync and leave it connected, with the backlight turned off, then switch to inbox. This works wonderfully, and I can glance at my screen and see emails come in.

3. Download the hp mobile printing package from their website, it is wonderful! Many times, I am in these meetings, and people are discussing an email. I can pull it up, and print it out!

4. Vncviewer is fun! I have it on my PPC, and I can run desktop apps and print files from meetings to the meeting room printer, its great.

Thats all for now, just my random observations.

- Naresh