View Full Version : Should I trade in my ipaq 1910?

FunHouse82
03-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone....

I bought an Ipaq 1910 and I am happy with it for the most part. But I wanted to be able to expand it it in the future....
I got a post saying that it won't be able to have any expansions because of its small size, and that Ipaq will be making a new series one...
I have bought the 2 yr service plan from best buy also....
Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do, I feel very confused...

PetiteFlower
03-12-2003, 11:44 PM
If you like it, keep it. By the time the new series comes out it will probably be time to upgrade anyway, but even if not worry about it then; you can't trade it in for something that doesn't exist yet.

Kevin C. Tofel
03-12-2003, 11:56 PM
I'd hang on it to the 1910 also.....you can't always be ahead of the curve (unless you're independently wealthy!). Besides, Compaq said the same about the old Aero series of PDA's....these are the pre-cursors to the IPaq's. I picked up an old color Aero 2130 for very little money when they were discontinued in January 2000 and used it faithfully until 3 months ago when I finally upgraded to the Axim. I was told that there would be NO upgrades to the Aero upon it's discontinuation, but eventually there was a WinCE to Pocket PC ROM upgrade + extra RAM that I was able to purchase for $99.

You really never know the shelf-life and upgradability....sometimes you have to take a chance. You've currently got a great PDA that can last for several years even without an upgrade. If there is an available upgrade, so much the better!

KCT

Crystal Eitle
03-13-2003, 05:46 PM
I'd say it depends on what you want it to do. Currently my 1910 does just about everything I want it to, and it looks beautiful. I've got a 256 mb sd card in it, and I use the device to listen to music, read eBooks, browse off-line(with AvantGo), play Flash animations (http://www.homestarrunner.com), keep lists, and, oh yeah, keep track of my schedule and contacts!