View Full Version : Case for h1910

karinatwork
03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
It must have been asked already, but I didn't find much about it on the Ipaq forum... I need some kind of protection for my h1910, but I have no clue what kind of cases are out there.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Karin

handheldplanet
03-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Well, I certainly can recommend the cases at http://www.handheldplanet.net

A couple of things to keep in mind when looking for a case:

Sturdy screen protection (like a reinforced screen cover)
Ample screen access (often times cases are cut too close to the screen - making it difficult to reach the corners or to write comfortably)
Style - make sure it matches the look and color you're going for
Size - You may want it to be thin like your device or you may want extra storage space

Also, keep in mind the company's reputation for customer service - you can find a lot about that on these boards and over at brighthand.

Good Luck!

Chris Spera
03-12-2003, 10:09 PM
I don't want to plug another site; but I'm currently writing a column series on pocketnow.com that deals with finding cases for my iPAQ 3955/5455.

One of the case manufacturers that I'm looking at is
CasesOnline.com (http://www.casesonline.com/).

They make about 12 different cases for hp PocketPC's and are of really high quality. If you're looking for something small for your 1910, then I'd recommend their Zipper Case or their Deluxe Case. Both are great, and would suit the needs of most people that wanted to carry their gadget outside of the office.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
Pocket PC Thoughts Review Team

Jacques G
03-13-2003, 01:00 AM
One of the case manufacturers that I'm looking at is
CasesOnline.com (http://www.casesonline.com/).

I have the Casesonline belt case and it is a beautiful piece of work. There is a very good review of it on another PPC web site (search for casesonline and review on google) but I won't post it here because I am not sure what the Pocket PC Thoughts rules are on posting things like that here. I am also planning to order a Covertec flip top case when it comes out (31 March, I believe). I have heard excellent things about COvertec but have no experience with them. Vaja cases are also very nice, but a bit expensive considering the relatively low cost of the 1910. Good luck.

Jacques

Janak Parekh
03-13-2003, 02:01 AM
BTW, don't forget the E&B (www.ebcases.com) 1910 case. It's pretty decent, and not too expensive. You only get black as a color option, though.

--janak

Brad Adrian
03-13-2003, 03:57 AM
BTW, don't forget the E&B (www.ebcases.com) 1910 case...
I really like the looks of that case, too. I ordered one three weeks ago and it's been backordered ever since. I was told today, though, that it would ship within the next 48 hours.

GadgetFreak
03-13-2003, 04:53 AM
The best cases I have seen are from VajaCases (vajacases.com) and from Covertec (covertec.com).

Janak Parekh
03-13-2003, 05:07 AM
I really like the looks of that case, too. I ordered one three weeks ago and it's been backordered ever since. I was told today, though, that it would ship within the next 48 hours.
Yeah, it took forever to come when I ordered it for someone. IMHO, though, it was worth the wait. It's not a Vaja, by any means, but is an excellent, functional, and compact case.

--janak

92h22a4
03-14-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm using the Palm Zire case for my h1910. Did the job for me. It's great. Although it's blue. It would've been better if it's black.

Macguy59
03-23-2003, 05:06 PM
I'm using the Palm Zire case for my h1910. Did the job for me. It's great. Although it's blue. It would've been better if it's black.

Yup using that same case. The 1910 fits perfectly in it and I rather like the semitransparent blue :D

Greg Staten
03-23-2003, 06:13 PM
I ordered a custom Vaja case because I had (and loved) the Vaja case I've used for my (now dead) 3630. Unfortunately, the lead time is four-five weeks on the cases so I picked up a cheapie Palm case to use until then.

It's true that Vaja cases are expensive, but man are they wonderful. They not only protect the PocketPC but look fabulous.

-greg