View Full Version : What is the best screen protecter for Ipaq 1910?

realsprite
03-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Hello, all. What is the best screen protecter for Ipaq 1910? (Durable, exact fit, and easy installation). Any input will be greatly appeciated. Cheers!

Eidted by moderator 3/12/2003 11:30 est.

Limestarch
03-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I had a had time finding a case for the 1910 because the directional buttons are exposed and can turn on the device. I've heard the Palm Zire case works great but that costs $19-$29. I bought a cheap Body Glove clam shell zipper case it works great for me. It's a bigger case but I rigged it so when it's closed none of the buttons can get accidentally pressed. I can also fit a regular sized pen/stylus in there.

karinatwork
03-12-2003, 07:31 PM
I just ordered one from Boxwave. The guys who sell the Minisync cable. It sounds good, sorry I can't tell you anything more, but I will let you know what I think in a couple of days (they shipped today).

Chris Spera
03-12-2003, 09:32 PM
One word...

WRITEShield from Pocket PC Techs. (okokokok... that's more than one.)

You can get them here (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=WSIPAQ03-3)

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
Pocket PC Thoughts Review Team

Crystal Eitle
03-12-2003, 09:49 PM
I like NuShield screen protectors. They get the job done. (I should note that they're the only ones I've tried....)

realsprite
03-13-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the input! I'll look into them! :lol:

Billsgirl
03-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Writesheilds are great!! They have great customer service also!!!

baker
03-16-2003, 10:57 PM
WriteSHIELDs :!:

Kati Compton
03-16-2003, 11:09 PM
I've only tried WriteRights and WriteShields. There's no comparison between the two - WriteShields is MUCH better.

realsprite
03-17-2003, 01:19 AM
I checked out the WriteShield website, and they are $30.00! Which seems tad expensive... Im willing to shell out the money if it is worth it, but what is so great about it... also, is it easy to install?

Kati Compton
03-17-2003, 02:04 AM
I checked out the WriteShield website, and they are $30.00! Which seems tad expensive... Im willing to shell out the money if it is worth it, but what is so great about it... also, is it easy to install?

There are a few other options besides the WriteShields, but I haven't used them. Search for a screen protector review - there was a thread recently pointing to a large review comparing a number of different protectors.

If your only 2 choices were between WriteShield and WriteRight, I'd say it's definitely worth it, but like I said - there are other options.

The nice thing about the WriteShields is that They are easy to install (comparatively of course). I was able to put it on with no dust or air bubbles whatsoever. Part of the ease comes from the fact that it's stiffer than the WriteRights. From what I've heard, they're also more impervious to scratches on the protector itself, although I didn't have the WriteRights installed for long enough to see any. Don't have any on my WriteShield yet, and am not expecting any.

What the $30 gets you over other protectors I believe is not only the protector (set of 3, though I don't know that you'll need all of them), but also cleaning fluid to clean your screen before applying the protector and "lint-free" cloths to dry the screen. It's these accessories that really make it easier to get a good install.

newst
03-17-2003, 01:06 PM
What does your $30 get you:

1. A cleaning kit to insure that you can apply the protector to a screen in the best possible condition.

2. 3 of the best screen protectors marketed by anyone:

A. They last forever
B. They reduce screen glare
C. They improve stylus performance (I've seen many others write that their experience was like mine-that Transcriber/Calligrapher are actually more accurate after applying Writeshield)

Are they easy to install? Well, they're no more difficult to install than other brands, it just requires patience and a steady hand.

The screen fit is very good.

SN