View Full Version : SyncExpress - Any reviews?

looneytoone
03-12-2003, 04:52 AM
2 PPC's. Will sync one to Outlook inbox. Thinking about syncing other to Outlook if this product is any good. Any thoughts?

seanturner
03-12-2003, 06:44 AM
What's wrong with the built in Inbox sync conduit (other than it's unresolved items problems)?

Sooner Al
03-12-2003, 02:28 PM
...to sync OE Inbox and Address Book, but have since returned to using Outlook 2002. The integration is OK, ie. with OE and SyncExpress, but Outlook is so much better...IMHO...

seanturner
03-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Not to mention Outlook is a far more powerful program than OE in general...

looneytoone
03-14-2003, 03:53 AM
I am totally in agreement that Outlook is superior to Outlook Express. The problem is that I just purchased two PPC and we want to both use email. The only options that I seem to have left is to sync my PPC with Outlook and its mail program and sync my wife's to OE. I have not found anything else available except SyncExpress and was hoping for some hardcore positive or negative feedback.

xerxers
03-14-2003, 07:35 AM
I had Outlook at work and would sync my email there and that worked perfectly.

I have since left my job and have tried to sync my email at home with OE using Syncexpress.

I found that it worked just fine and would liink with email okay BUT, and this may well be my own fault, it significantly messed up my address book(s). I would find that names and addresses disappeared. I tried to add names and it told me that they were already in my address book and they weren't......it becames so annoying that I stopped using Syncexpress/ Once again let me state that it could have been that I had not set the correct settings or something but since I have dropped it my email works just fine.

have you considered using Webis @mail?

Maybe that is a btter solution. I don't know if it works only with OE or Outlook.

HTH

Xerxers

Sooner Al
03-14-2003, 08:53 PM
...Outlook on a desktop using profiles...

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

..and/or open Outlook on the desktop and search Help for information on profiles...