View Full Version : Microsoft Plus Pack for Windows CE 3.0 - Device not supported?

papo
03-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi ai am trying to install this (ARM version) on my new AXIM but I get an error saying device not supported! Am i missing something?

Active Sync 3.6 installed , Windows 2000 Sp3
(i am newbie )

R. DevilR
03-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Try to execute the *.exe file on your PC (when your Axim is connected with ActiveSync).
If you get the error message, put the *.exe file on your Axim (wth the "Explorer" fonction of ActiveSync) and then execute it from your Axim.

That's the 2 only ways to install an *.exe file.

papo
03-12-2003, 10:58 AM
No the same results... Am i missing something about that plus pack? is it for this OS or not? ANyone installed it on an AXIM?

blazingwolf
03-12-2003, 02:26 PM
I think that only works on hanheld pc devices. Does not seem to be for the PPC version of win ce.

papo
03-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Yeah you might be right thats why i am wondering if I am missing something!
evethough I managed to find some sort of workaround!
The installation on the PPC fails but the cab files in my PC are ok..So what i did i took the cab files from my local HD (the arm) version I copied them to mt PPC (tap them) a message comes saying this program it might not be suitable for your device (u can press continuew anyway) and wow!
Pocket Paint shop is installed nicely there (alright not the shortcuts and stuff ) but the program works! So i have pocket Paint shop and other usefull stuff (i have not tried them all) .

Steven Cedrone
03-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi ai am trying to install this (ARM version)

Actually, isn't the program: "Plus! Pack for Windows CE Handheld PC Pro Edition Version 3.0"

This is not a Pocket PC app...

Steve

papo
03-12-2003, 05:45 PM
yes yes that is obvious i found out that many apps were very very strange to the enviroment..anyway..i am just a newbie so i tought that it worth trying to investigate it! Eventhough not everything is interesting ..the POcket Paint thing was something that is missing from the PCC2002 so probably this cab I am going to keep it!

Thank you for your time!