View Full Version : Does your business use or support PDA's?

Martin I Pettinger
03-10-2003, 11:46 PM
Hi

Does your business support PDA's, here is a sad story IMO. I need some help guys - How do we convince the company otherwise.

A colleague wanter to trial a PDA for our company. He offered to pay half towards a Dell Axim. His proposal was to test Citrix or something whereby you can access full sized Windows Apps from a remote site using bluetooth and a GPRS mobile phone. IMO his idea had merit - our company does design work on various remote sites and being able to access key data back at the office remotely via a PDA would be a positive thing and offer something extra to certain Clients of ours.

Unfortunately our company does not officially support PDA's and his idea was rejected. Disappointing especially when Windows adverts have started appearing on the tele showing an iPAQ for what looks like stock taking and an iPAQ was also on the tele the other night - a guy used it to project manage a £400,000 conversion of a barn. I'll see if I can dig more info out on this project - would like to know what app's he used.

Well this is post 99 do I get an upgrade on my next post and who knows I may win something one day.

Martin

JackTheTripper
03-10-2003, 11:58 PM
My company (a Credit Union) supports Palm and iPaq only. (Although I use a Toshiba. Just means they won't help me if something goes wrong.)

There was someone when I first signed up about 4 - 5 months ago who was doing a presentation to his office about PPC's. who was that? Do they still have notes?

If so please PM or e-mail me. I'm going to be putting on a little "Getting to know your iPaq" session here at work as they have become quite popular amoung the VP's in the last month and they all keep coming to me to figure out "how to work this darn thing."

Thanks.

JackTheTripper
03-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Still nothing? OK, but when I put my presentation together I'm not gonna share either. :P