View Full Version : Outlook 2002 Contacts & Tasks not synchronizing.

BaKsHi
03-10-2003, 05:23 PM
I recently did a hard reset on my pocket pc, and re-connected it to the computer, expecting all my tasks, my schedule, and my contacts would be loaded back onto once I was done. Outlook 2002 has all my contacts and schedule in it, but when my Pocket PC syncs with ActiveSync, it leaves out the schedule entries, my contacts, and my tasks. I go into ActiveSync settings and I still can't find anything that has an option to sync with Contacts, Scheduling, and Tasks. My computer used to sync everything it had in Outlook 2002 onto my Pocket PC, but it won't do it anymore. Is there some error in my computers registry, a problem with Outlook, or a problem with ActiveSync. I tried both versions of ActiveSync (3.4,3.6), but both won't work either. I hate ActiveSync and all the trouble it cause me. Does anybody know any way to resolve this problem? :x

http://bakshi.notix.net

Qman
03-10-2003, 06:22 PM
I recently did a hard reset on my pocket pc, and re-connected it to the computer, expecting all my tasks, my schedule, and my contacts would be loaded back onto once I was done. Outlook 2002 has all my contacts and schedule in it, but when my Pocket PC syncs with ActiveSync, it leaves out the schedule entries, my contacts, and my tasks. I go into ActiveSync settings and I still can't find anything that has an option to sync with Contacts, Scheduling, and Tasks. My computer used to sync everything it had in Outlook 2002 onto my Pocket PC, but it won't do it anymore. Is there some error in my computers registry, a problem with Outlook, or a problem with ActiveSync. I tried both versions of ActiveSync (3.4,3.6), but both won't work either. I hate ActiveSync and all the trouble it cause me. Does anybody know any way to resolve this problem? :x

http://bakshi.notix.net

WOW thats strange, confirming that under ActiveSync Options there is no
Calender option listed?

If so it sounds like you need to remove then reinstall both ActiveSync and Outlook.

ctmagnus
03-11-2003, 10:41 PM
I saw this once. I had installed AS before I installed Outlook. IIRC, I uninstalled AS, made sure Outlook worked as I wanted with all the correct info and reinstalled AS.