View Full Version : Pocket Informant Category Icons

Pony99CA
03-10-2003, 10:43 AM
If you want additional category icons beyond what Pocket Informant includes, I have created 20 new ones. You can see them all and download the set -- for FREE :-) -- at my Web site (http://www.garlic.com/~svvg/svvgppc.html#ICONS).
Let me know what you think. :way to go: or :bad-words:

Steve

Janak Parekh
03-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Nice. I used to be a big user of the icons, but with the category grouping in PI4 one doesn't need them as much. I could never remember what was what...

--janak

NeoAxim
03-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Hey Pony99CA,

Thats great. Appreciate the badge icon. I have a ton of law enforcement contacts, appointments and tasks and never had an appropiate icon.

Hey keep those icons coming!!!

:D

Pony99CA
03-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Thats great. Appreciate the badge icon. I have a ton of law enforcement contacts, appointments and tasks and never had an appropiate icon.

Hey keep those icons coming!!!

I'm glad you liked the badge. I think pretty much everyone who keeps the number for their local police/sheriff/constable could use that. :-)

As for more icons, I don't know that I'll be doing many more. I did ones for the categories that I use, so I'll probably only create more if I create new categories.

Here's how I did the more complicated ones.

Use Google's image search to find "icon-sized" GIFs (usually bigger than 12x12, though). Ideally, the dimensions should be multiples of 12.
Open the GIF in Microsoft Paint.
Touch them up, if necessary, to change colors or remove extraneous details.
Shrink them.
Touch them up again.
Replace the icon's background with the green transparent background.
Save the icon as a BMP file with the minimum color depth needed to preserve the colors).

Steve

NeoAxim
03-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks Pony. Appreciate the "How to..." guide on the icons. Maybe I will put together a few myself.

BTW - The badge icon also helps those of us who are in the hiring process for a civil service position.

It requires, many tasks, dates and contacts and a nice little icon to associate with that category is just what my use of PI was missing.

Thanks again!

ctmagnus
03-11-2003, 10:43 PM
:way to go: