View Full Version : Anyone bought the Boxwave Minisync?

karinatwork
03-10-2003, 05:41 AM
What do you think about it? I keep seeing the ad and I am wondering how well it works. Does it really charge while synching?

Thanks for your opinion...

Karin

yvilla
03-10-2003, 05:46 AM
I just ordered it. But mine won't ship til the 15th. (Its the new one for the e550G). Am hoping it works well. :wink:

Jason Dunn
03-10-2003, 05:47 AM
Hey, that's great that you saw the ad! Woo! :lol:

They're sending me one to test, but I've used similar sync/charge products for a couple of years now. They're very, very cool and handy to have for travelling or even just clearing up the clutter from your desk. The Boxwave one looks VERY cool and portable - I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Be sure to tell them you saw the ad here when you're buying the product. ;-)

hollis_f
03-10-2003, 06:52 AM
I've been using various sync/charge cables for a few years. Saw the ad for the MiniSync and ordered straight away. Now I'm waiting for the second one to arrive (to use in the car).

Yes, it does exactly what it says on the box. And it does it while beaing smaller than any alternative.

bdegroodt
03-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Yes! They work very well. It's the second best thing to not having cables at all. Only issue I have ever heard is from some people using them on laptops that don't have powered USB ports (Don't ask me for any specifics, but I had a Toshiba laptop that made one of my USB sync/charge cables not work unless it was plugged into a wall socket.).

My opinion...a must have if you travel.

yschang
03-12-2003, 04:53 PM
True True!!! I have a similar version here in Taiwan...
I bought it for a while now and it has an adaptor for direct plug into the wall socket and another one is a car adaptor...
So I can just bring the minisync everywhere I go with the wall socket adaptor... so I can charge my PPC where there is a wall socket!!!

BoxWave
03-30-2003, 03:46 AM
There are a ton of people who actually use the miniSync... for whatever reason it hasn't made as big a splash on this board as it has on brighthand, for one.

At anyrate, rest assured that we want 100% customer satisfaction, if you try it and it's not what you want - we stand behind our products, we'll have an easy refund set up.

Anyways, just wanted to make my presence known - feel free to drop me a PM if there's anything I can help with.

Best wishes all,

Wing Lum
BoxWave

karinatwork
03-30-2003, 05:57 AM
So I can just bring the minisync everywhere I go with the wall socket adaptor... so I can charge my PPC where there is a wall socket!!!

Wait wait!!! Now WHERE can I get one of those wall socket adaptors??

Thanks for info!

Karin

Buddha
03-30-2003, 05:16 PM
All I can say is that its one of my must-haves :) It's great.

As for the adaptors for the wall socket and for the cigaret-lighter in the car, several companies offer them, like Gomadic, seidio. Have a look on their site. It's basically an adapter with a USB port where you can connect your USB 'sync'n charge' cable to and charge your PPC directly.

here's an example: click (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=EXP_USB-TC-EU)

here's another one: click (http://www.gomadic.com/unusbtravcha.html)

blazingwolf
04-01-2003, 03:24 AM
I bought 1 for the Dell Axim. When I hook it up it syncs fine. The problem seems to be related to charging the Axim. Normally the light turns orange to signify that it is charging. It does not do this. Also when I check the battery properties the charge indicator steadliy goes down. 8O When I disconnect I get an alarm for a low battery and then the charge indicator slowly goes up to whatever the charge is. What gives :?: I remember hearing that the Dell uses a different charge voltage. Is this the problem? Anyone else having this problem? Did I get a bad cable? Help please!!!!