View Full Version : PocketPC dialer programs

TheBacklash
03-09-2003, 11:21 PM
are there any 3rd party dialing programs out there that replace the connections in PPC2002? :?: Which will enable me to take a pocketpc on the net to grab e-mail, through my Phone?

Here's the situation:
I have a Motorola T720 phone with Verizon and Mobile web.
Dell Axim 400mhz
Gomadic PDA-Phone data cable.

Using Connections in PPC2002 and following the directions given by Gomadic I can't get the Dell on the net... I can however get a 14.4 connection through the phone, for 8-13 seconds. then the call ends. Always between 8-13 seconds, every time. disconnect cable and phone goes online with no problems.

I have been to a verizon store, and confused the hell out of them :lol:
Went to Compusa and found a so called "expert" with PDA/Phone internet/data comunications. He is the one that suggested a 3rd party dialer, I'm willing to give it a shot (freeware/shareware) just to try anything before sending the cable back.

I know it works with StarTac phones, many people use the same setup as I have (Axim and gomadic cable, in fact the same cable fits both StarTac and t720)

TheBacklash
03-10-2003, 04:02 AM
ok, so after calling Verizon tech support... it is not my phone the service in my area is screwed... I can't even connect without the Dell now... although they did have to walk me through changing the baud rate, (now I know the codes to get to the hidden features menu Woohoo!) It was set up *only* for Express network... so it wouldn't connect to the free service anyway.