View Full Version : Why does Pocket Hack Master lockup my Axim??

syphix
03-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I can't seem to change the speed of my Axim's processor, in order to "overclock" it. Anytime I click on "Change processor speed to...." it locks up - only to be fixed by a soft reset. I paid to register it, and starting to regret it...what's going on here?

TheNewSteve
03-07-2003, 08:46 PM
get your money back and search for "TurboTray"... it's free and will take your PPC from 400 to 498. It's not as feature rich, but if you're just looking for overclocking, it works great on my Axim (made PocketSNES 10x better).

When you open the file, it puts an icon at the bottom right of today screen, you can click it on (498) or back off (400).

-Steve

Pat Logsdon
03-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Do you have a 300 or 400 mhz Axim? Once you keep one or two really basic things in mind, the program is a piece of cake to use.

Also, what version of the program do you have?

syphix
03-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Well, I got a reply from the developer (pretty quickly, too...he's in Russia!). If you purchase Pocket Hack Master for the Axim, use MANUAL settings in the XScale settings, as follows:

L - 27
M - 1x
N - 5.00x

Works like a CHARM now...up to 497.50mhz, with auto-scale back when not running processor intensive programs! :)

Thanks for the suggestion, though, Steve! And thanks for your reply, too, Snack! It's a Dell Axim X5 400mhz, running Pocket Hack Master v2.32

Pat Logsdon
03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Glad to hear it! Anton is doing a great job with keeping on top of everything and coming out with new versions with nifty updates.

I've been very happy with the "Scale" setting, too - this feature alone gets me an extra 45 minutes to an hour a day. Well worth the measly 10 bucks. :D