View Full Version : What Are You Saying About Pocket PC Thoughts?

Ed Hansberry
03-08-2003, 12:00 AM
<a href="http://labs.google.com/cgi-bin/webquotes?num_quotes=50&amp;q=pocket+pc+thoughts&amp;btnG=Google+WebQuotes+Search&amp;show_titles=1&amp;bold_links=1">http://labs.google.com/cgi-bin/webquotes?num_quotes=50&amp;q=pocket+pc+thoughts&amp;btnG=Google+WebQuotes+Search&amp;show_titles=1&amp;bold_links=1</a><br /><br />Google has some interesting things cooking in their labs. One is the ability to scour the web looking for quotes about a particular site.<!> It doesn't appear to be very current though. Most seem to be from mid 2002 and even 2001. You can enter any site or name in the search box on that page to see what is being said about it.

Nursedad
03-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Being a new Pocket PC user (transferred from a Palm M505 to h1910), I have found this site invaluable. My morning routine...

- Wake up at 06:00
- Pour a bowl of Honeynut Cheerios
- Log onto PocketPCThoughts...

I'm amazed at how often this site is updated and have found the reviews of some the software here most helpful as I decide on my purchases.

You guys/gals need to let us contribute to the site similiar to Brighthand.

Kudos to you and your crew!!

- - Nursedad

Jason Dunn
03-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Thanks for your comments - I'm glad you enjoy the site. :D

You guys/gals need to let us contribute to the site similiar to Brighthand.

Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm all for making this an even better online community - does Brighthand have something/do something that we don't?

MPSmith
03-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm all for making this an even better online community - does Brighthand have something/do something that we don't?

I assume he means this link to Brighthand's contribution page.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/ContributingMember

Jonathon Watkins
03-08-2003, 12:37 AM
At the rate that things are being added here, then if there is anything then I'm sure you will fix in in the next few minutes! 8O :lol:

I must say I am not too sure about the new sparser look. I quite liked to skim the front page and take the stories in at once. I don't like to manuualy drop down to lower levels to get the story. The BBC new site has just done a redesign that removes most of the stories from the front page and I really don't like it at all. :?

I'm just not sure about the potential new look here. Time (and the readers :lol:) will tell no doubt!

Jason Dunn
03-08-2003, 12:51 AM

I assume he means this link to Brighthand's contribution page.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/ContributingMember

Oh THAT. We have something much, much cooler planned. 8)

Jason Dunn
03-08-2003, 12:52 AM
I'm just not sure about the potential new look here. Time (and the readers :lol:) will tell no doubt!

You'll have your chance to voice your opinion later tonight or tomorrow AM - I'll post a survey and collect feedback. THANK YOU for making your criticism polite. :D

Nursedad
03-08-2003, 01:47 AM
What I mean actually is that I'd like to have the opportunity to contribute monitarily to your site. I'm a pseudo-wannabe webmaster myself and realize the amount of time an effort (and money) that goes into developing and maintaining a site like this.

Your site is a valuable trove of information for me any many others and I wouldn't mind contributing a little cash to show my appreciation for your hard work.

The link the others mentioned above IS what I was referring to.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier...

-- Nursedad

MPSmith
03-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Oh THAT. We have something much, much cooler planned. 8)

Maybe something like "if you contribute $3, you are allowed to whine if you don't win any contests this year" :wink:

Jason Dunn
03-08-2003, 05:56 AM
What I mean actually is that I'd like to have the opportunity to contribute monitarily to your site. I'm a pseudo-wannabe webmaster myself and realize the amount of time an effort (and money) that goes into developing and maintaining a site like this.

You'll have a great opportunity to do that very soon - don't worry! :D

Brad Adrian
03-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Maybe something like "if you contribute $3, you are allowed to whine if you don't win any contests this year" :wink:
Oh, I can tell you right NOW that such an option will NEVER exist! :wink:
[At least not for a lousy $3...]

eternalblue
03-08-2003, 06:50 AM
You'll have a great opportunity to do that very soon - don't worry! :D

you seem to have alot up your sleeve there Jason. verrrrry interesting indeed. care to leak any information to us common folk?

oh yeah, keep up the great work on the website, you and the entire team at pocket pc thoughts!

donkthemagicllama
03-08-2003, 08:08 AM
this site (also seems to be powered by google?? but not run by them) is pretty fun too...

www.googlism.com