View Full Version : NetFront Update Released

Janak Parekh
03-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Access has apparently released an update for their Pocket PC browser, <a href="http://www.access.co.jp/english/ppc/">NetFront 3.0</a>. According to an email sent to registered users, the following items have been addressed:<!> <li>Improvement of "Browser Settings"<br /><li>Improvement of fetching IIS-served pages<br /><li>Improvement of "select" statement processing<br /><li>Improvement of downloading<br /><li>Improvement of dialogs<br /><li>Improvement of loading of JV-Lite2 Unfortunately, I don't see the update on their page. Has anyone gotten it?

mpattman
03-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see the update on their page. Has anyone gotten it?

I got my mail this morning, I filled in the online form and downloaded the new file, on launching it it looks the same as the pervious version. I will try it in anger later on when I get gome.

seanturner
03-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, as far as I can tell, the only mention of the update is in that email they sent out.

Paragon
03-07-2003, 07:56 PM
They are still missing the most important update. Storage card support!!!

Yeah, yeah, I know there are work arounds. You shouldn't have to resort to that to make a rather large app work on a storage card. :evil:

Dave

thanos255
03-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Netfront installed on a SD card and to get it to work??

Please share share share... :)

Thanks
Thanos

Paragon
03-08-2003, 12:03 AM
It's pretty simple really, but it has a couple of glitches that I haven't worked out. It's not saving any history. You can't start a connection from it, you have to be connected first. Plus you can't link from email. The last two I'm assuming are registry related, and I'm not real great with a registry, so I haven't found the fix for them yet.

To install Netfront3 to a storage card, install it to the storage card when asked. Then create a NetFront3 folder in your main memory/progam files. Then copy all but the Netfront3.exe into that folder, and you should be good to go.

If anyone can find a fix for the email and connection link please let me know.

I haven't tested this with the updated version yet.

Dave

thanos255
03-08-2003, 01:22 AM
OK, I did what you said and here is what I ran into:

It says "constructing the enviroment file...Please wait" Everytime I start it, is it supposed to do that?

The it says.... "File Write Error: Cannot save file" after about 60-80 seconds...is that supposed to happen?

Plus it is VERY slow...is that normal?

Thanks
Thanos

Paragon
03-08-2003, 04:20 AM
You should only get that message if you haven't copied the files over to main memory...very weird. I have done it on an XDA, and a Dell.

Which version are you using? As I mentioned I have NOT updated.

You installed to the SD card?
You then created a folder in your main memory/Program Files called NetFront3?
You then COPIED all the files except the NetFront3.exe from your storage card to the NetFront3 folder in main memory?

BTW I solved the email link....I hadn't checked the defaul browser box in tools/browser settings/misc......but it only seems to be working on the XDA, not the Dell.

I have also done it by installing to main memory then cutting the files over to a NetFront3 folder on the SD card......just the reverse operation.

Dave

thanos255
03-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Ok wait..do I create a "ACCESS NetFront3" ?? Which is the exact name of the directory on the storage card OR just name one Netfront3?

Thanks
Thanos

Paragon
03-08-2003, 05:50 AM
Ok wait..do I create a "ACCESS NetFront3" ?? Which is the exact name of the directory on the storage card OR just name one Netfront3?

Thanks
Thanos

Just NetFront3......leave off the ACCESS