View Full Version : SDIO Now?!?!

Vincent M Ferrari
03-06-2003, 05:19 AM
It's very frustrating. I saw the Bluetooth SDIO card on Mobile Planet's site for $139. I added it to the cart. I was ready to check out. I decided to double check to make sure it'll work with my e330.

I start looking around and all these people at Socket can say is that the card works with any Pocket PC that has SDIO Now installed. Of course, there is no compatibility list to be found on their site.

So the question is, how do I tell if I have it? Is it a driver? Or is it software that's installed like a program?

I want to buy this card, but only if I know it'll work...

Fishie
03-06-2003, 05:25 AM
Buy with confidence, it works on the 330.

Crones
03-06-2003, 06:59 AM
I'm in the same boat you're in. Socket's website couldn't be more vague and only lists a few IPaq's as being compatible but then says on other pages that all you need is an SDIO slot, SDIO now software and Pocket PC 2000/2002 OS.
I'v tried emailing their tech support to ask if the Bluetooth SDIO Connection Kit would work with my E335 PDA and have been waiting for response for over a week now. Telephone # also came up dry without being a existing customer. What I did in the end is order the Toshiba card instead at www.cdw.com instead, at least with that card I'm sure it should work.

Keep me posted on your progress. BTW Fishie how sure are you that it would work with the E330/E335 because I read on some other board that it doesn't work with the E740. Have you gotten it to work or have seen people with it ?

Thanks. :twisted:

Crones
03-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Just thought I should add this to the discussion. I got this answer from Socket's website.
http://www.socketcom.com/faq/faq.asp?ID=134

Typing either the E330/E335 or E310 PDA yields no results but the fact that they don't support Toshiba's higher end model, the E740 probably means that they wouldn't support it on their lower end PocketPC's either. I HOPE I'm wrong but it doesn't look good.

Vincent M Ferrari
03-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Buy with confidence, it works on the 330.

How do you know for sure? Have you tried it?

Sorry to press, I just don't want to go through the hassle of returning the damned thing after I order it.

ott13979
03-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Fyi

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/sdiotypes.htm

Vincent M Ferrari
03-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Got exactly what I needed out of that:

Currently there are two standards for SDIO peripherals in the Pocket PC. Since the first generation of Pocket PC, Toshiba has offered a SDIO Bluetooth card. Their implementation of SDIO only supports their peripherals. An industry standard version of SDIO called SDIO Now from BSquare. SDIO Now is becoming the industry standard for SDIO peripherals such as the Socket Bluetooth SDIO card. SDIO cards for the Toshiba implementation and BSquare implementation are different. So far they do not work in each others systems.

Thank you very much!

Fishie
03-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Auch, my bad.
Sorry.