View Full Version : Axim Not Responding

ozen
03-04-2003, 03:37 AM
My Axim Is like spazzin out on me here. First I notice whenever I was listining to music and the track satrted to jump around then I looked at the screen and the scroll bar was jumping around and all the buttons were being pressed. Whenever I booted back up it didn't respond to any of my inputs on the screen but the hardware buttons worked. Well Anyway this went on for like 2-3 days Untill I got really sick of it. So I did A Hard Reset and that didn't help either. It made it worse because when I tried to allign the screen it was like it was tapping it.
Does anyone know what could be doing this? And it seems to only be doing it in the bottom left corner even when I pull out the on screen keyboard.
Im gonna call dell tommorow but I want to know from you guys incase its someting stupid.
Any help would be great.

spursdude
03-04-2003, 04:43 AM
Well, if even a hard reset won't help, I can only see two possiblities...

1. It could be that you somehow corrupted your ROM. I find that rather hard to believe, if you were just playing music... but if the ROM is corrupted, a hard reset won't do anything about that.

2. Or, it could be that you have some damaged hardware, like the screen or something. Again, I find that hard to believe, unless you dropped it or started pounding it along with the music...

Either way, you may need to get a replacement unit.

Brad Adrian
03-04-2003, 05:49 AM
That is definitely NOT normal behaviour for the device. If doing a hard reset doesn't resolve it immediately, I'd say you've got a bad device. Contact Dell tech support right away and ask for a replacement unit.

crispeto
03-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Try taking out both batteries and replacing them after about a minute. I had a situation where my Axim froze and wouldn't respond to a soft or hard reset. I took out both batteries and it booted up like brand new. Then I restored it with a back up file and it was all better.

ozen
03-04-2003, 10:58 PM
Well Im trying somemore stuff out but I preformed another hard reset and now It won't exit the allign screen program so it must be a problem with ROM like you guys said so im definatly gonna have to call Dell.

ozen
03-06-2003, 02:10 AM
Dude Dell is awsome :D . I called Them and they told me to try some stuff but it didn't work so they said that they will send me another and whenever it getts here just to send the Axim that I have right now it the box that the other one will arrive in. The only problem was that the guy didn't sound like he know allot of english.

PetiteFlower
03-06-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah Dell has a tech support center in India, you're more likely to get them if you call late at night but I think there's still a 50% chance to get them during the day. They all know English but some have worse accents then others.