View Full Version : Adventure games beeing ported to PocketPC

Buddha
03-03-2003, 04:03 PM
The PocketPC gameslist keeps growing as more old games get ported.
A company has aquired the rights to several old PC (EGA) adventure (and other) games and is porting them to the PocketPC:

You can find a link HERE (http://www.portable-games.com/index.shtml)

Among the ported games are Deja Vu 1 & 2 who where originally created by ICOM Simulations in the '80s. It may be a bit dated for some but I've read that this series actually sold around 2 million copies back in the days.

nickl
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
never heard of any of those ... 8O BattleDwarves? LOL.

novalogic, make delta force for the ppc and i'll do cartwheels.

TheBacklash
03-04-2003, 02:04 AM
novalogic, make delta force for the ppc and i'll do cartwheels.

I second that 8)

Jude
03-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Well, if its adventure games you're after, with Pocket SCUMM and Pocket Sarien, you can already play a whole boatload of LucasArts and Sierra Online adventure games. For all those who were into PC adventure games in the early to mid 90s those two companies churned out classic after classic. And you can play most of them on your PPC. Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, and the Maniac Mansion series from LucasArts using Pocket SCUMM. Kings Quest and Space Quest from Sierra with Pocket Sarien.

CD compilations of these games can still be found in discount bins or online. I'm particularly amazed by Pocket SCUMM, it works great and the games look and feel almost as if they were designed for the PPC! If LucasArts had only come up with the port themselves, then they could have made a nice bundle.

I prefer Sierra adventure games though, and I hope someone comes up with a SCIV emulator for their latter adventure games. Hopefully Sierra does the porting themselves, squeeze a few buck out of their old treasures. It was a sad day when they began to abandon their adventure game legacy.

spinedoc
03-06-2003, 01:25 AM
For the love of God!!! When will someone port Eye of the Beholder!!!! How about Stonekeep?

gareth
03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Please - nobody ever port Morrowind!

I've just discovered it for the X-box, and I'm addicted.

(And I realise that you would need some HUUUUUGE memory to make it work, but it's the principle of the thing)

spinedoc
03-06-2003, 02:31 PM
I might find some meaning in my life if someone ported over Leisure Suit Larry...

Buddha
03-07-2003, 02:56 AM
I would 'kill' to be able to play Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers on my ppc with speech :twisted:

Cracknell
03-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Hey the more game the marrier.

also somebody please please port A-train. pleaseeee......... !

Mike Wagstaff
03-07-2003, 12:35 PM
No, no, no! We want Transport Tycoon...! :lol:

mirkazemisaman
03-08-2003, 04:03 AM
Please - nobody ever port Morrowind!

I've just discovered it for the X-box, and I'm addicted.

(And I realise that you would need some HUUUUUGE memory to make it work, but it's the principle of the thing)

Hey, I have had that game for a while now. Right after I got it, I played it for like 20 hours and then never played it again. Maybe I should start again... but gush, you can get a google hours of gameplay out of that game. It just rocks! As a matter of fact I'm gonna start playing it (start a new life in the wonderful world of Morrowind) as soon as I get home... :lol:

Patt
03-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Let me add my vote for a Gabriel Knight port!!! That has got to be my most favorite game!!! I initially played the floppy version, then found the cd version on ebay for cheap and played it again years later. Then I learned that J Jensen had published books based on the first two games, (now out of print) So, it was off to Lawrences (big Used book store) and I found 'Sins of the Fathers', but not Beast :( still looking though .....

Gk Gk Gk Gk Gk !!!!!!

Shadowcat
03-08-2003, 05:38 AM
No, no, no! We want Transport Tycoon...! :lol:

Yes! Transport Tycoon was a classic (at least IMO). It gets my vote for a port to PPC. Too bad you can't even find a PC version anymore :(

Brad Adrian
03-08-2003, 06:35 AM
I might find some meaning in my life if someone ported over Leisure Suit Larry...
Oh, man! Talk about a blast from the past! I broke with corporate policy and loaded LSL onto my first notebook PC back in 1991. It was actually a great way to make sure that I took the notebook and homework home with me!