View Full Version : How long a wait for a Vaja case?

Bearjaw
03-02-2003, 03:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone has a custom case from Vaja. If you do how long did it take to get to you. I just ordered a case for my Axim and I was wondering how long I might be waiting for it. I have heard the stories of the Box opening and the sweet rush of Leather that rises out and baths your nose in the sweet smell of rawhide...Oh sorry just dreaming. Cant wait. Any way can somebody give me an Idea how long I might be waiting? Jeff

Janak Parekh
03-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Probably 2-3 weeks.

Start thinking about something else. ;)

--janak

bgate
03-02-2003, 04:53 AM
I ordered mine as well and sent an email asking for an update. I was told to expect delivery ~15 days from order. My quesion still is, delivery from them or to me... Anyway, looks like Janak is on target-2 to 3 weeks it shall be.

Brent

octop8
03-02-2003, 12:30 PM
I have purchased 3 cases from Vaja, and they take around 3 weeks to arrive. One more thing to note, if you are ordering anything with colours other than the usual brown or black, please bear in mind that the colours of the leather on the website do not always accurately represent the colour of the actual thing. This applies specifically to the colourful greens and blues etc. I ordered an "ice"-coloured case and it came looking more like greenish-brownish and nothing like the "ice" colour you see on their website. With the prices you are paying for those cases, you really expect more from them, but they were relatively un-accomodating in their responses when I emailed them to complain, insisting that the colours on the website are not always representative and that I should have known better since leathers are not always predictable in the dye-ing process. Really infuriated me, especially since I have been a good customer having bought 3 cases from them. However to be fair, when they do come properly made, they are of very high quality. But from now on, I will look for alternatives elsewhere since the price we are paying should really justify better treatment.

spinedoc
03-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I have emailed them 3-4 times asking about personalizing with my name, which is 2 letters longer than what their web form allows inputted. I have not received a response and its been at least a week.

They are a little slack on the customer service. So Im guessing if you buy one of these cases you are on your own.

octop8
03-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Yes, I agree, they are not very responsive - if they are charging rolls royce prices, they should be providing rolls royce service.

Janak Parekh
03-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Yes, I agree, they are not very responsive - if they are charging rolls royce prices, they should be providing rolls royce service.
I've definitely heard mixed responses about their customer service. However, it's all about supply-and-demand; if they feel they're doing good business, they have little incentive to improve. Try calling HP/Compaq... ;)

--janak

Pat Logsdon
03-02-2003, 11:21 PM
I just ordered my third case as well. I've emailed them several times in the past regarding a few issues, and I've always gotten a response from one person. Maybe that's why their service is so spotty - they have a one person customer service department... :D

Good old Cecelia_at_vajacases.com...she's sometimes a bit...short, but she's never taken more than a day or two to get back to me.

spinedoc
03-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I still have gotten no response to my questions. I suppose they are busy enough without my order. If I dont get a response today I will just grab a Krussell.

Bearjaw
03-03-2003, 05:31 PM
of the people that got thiers, did you get an email with a tracking number when it shipped? You see I need to know because I have to get to the mailbox before my wife finds out I spent 100.00 on a case! LOL

Janak Parekh
03-03-2003, 05:39 PM
of the people that got thiers, did you get an email with a tracking number when it shipped?
Yes, you get a UPS tracking number. My latest case is in Philadelphia right now, on its way here. :)

--janak

bgate
03-04-2003, 05:16 AM
Just a quick add to this. I ordered my Dell case on 2/20 and received my shipping notice today. I should have by Thursday-looking quite forward to it. As an aside, I have received a reply email every time I have contacted them (usually about 12 hours or so).

spinedoc
03-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Nope, still no reply to my 3rd email. Guess Ill go with the Krussell.

Janak Parekh
03-05-2003, 02:25 AM
Nope, still no reply to my 3rd email. Guess Ill go with the Krussell.
Definitely, go for it. I just got my Vaja case (and it's great), but I'd be somewhat disappointed at that non-response too.

--janak