View Full Version : i need some advice for some sort of cleaning app

summit
03-01-2003, 06:45 PM
alright folks, any advice would be appreciated, i'm looking for some sort of app. for my dell axim that runs like scan disk and defrag on my desktop, something i can run once a month or something that will dump my old files and tweak my handheld to run clean and smooth, please, for the love of pete give me some addresses, thanks :D

WHopman
03-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Every month??? 8O :wink:
I reset the whole thing at least once every month. Keeps it all fast and clean, just what you want ;). The more you do it, the faster it goes (30 min).

Wouter.

PS BatteryPack has a simple kind of cleaningfunction built in (removes temporary files). A softreset once in a while will do you good too ;).

ipaq38vette
03-01-2003, 07:24 PM
I would love an app like this too, especially with defrag

vincentsiaw
03-01-2003, 07:48 PM
No scan no defraq just clean up temporary file, and's its free ware, try speed clean http://www.clubic.com/t/gen/fl1976.html

felixdd
03-02-2003, 04:28 PM
I think tillanosoft pockettweak does that too.

For me -- I make a clean "image" (aka backup) of my Jornada with all my programs installed, and no PIM data. The programs I installed are verified to be stable, and I register them all (aka type in the serial no.) before I do the backup. Then if my PPC crashes on me I can just do hard reset, restore, and am on the go (without worrying that I can't use the programs because I forgot to re-register!).

vincentsiaw
03-02-2003, 08:09 PM
I think tillanosoft pockettweak does that too.

For me -- I make a clean "image" (aka backup) of my Jornada with all my programs installed, and no PIM data. The programs I installed are verified to be stable, and I register them all (aka type in the serial no.) before I do the backup. Then if my PPC crashes on me I can just do hard reset, restore, and am on the go (without worrying that I can't use the programs because I forgot to re-register!).

this is good, any for this product?