View Full Version : How do I remove app from Start-menu?

Michel
03-01-2003, 04:01 PM
So I finally have my Axim (I plan to post my impressions of it in a near future, along with a comparison to the Palm OS platform...).

I have installed Acrobat Reader, but it shows up both in my 'Start' menu and in my 'Programs' folder.
I only want it in 'Programs', but when I try to remove the app from 'Start' (from within 'Menus') it says "Can't move this element". So I'm stuck with it in 'Start', even though I don't want to clutter up 'Start' when rarely-used apps.
(Perhaps I should also mention that in 'Menus' Acrobat shows up twice - there are two identical checkboxes for Acrobat, which is also odd...).

So how do I remove the app from the 'Start' menu, and why does Acrobat show up twice in 'Menus'?

Michel.P

shawnc
03-01-2003, 04:08 PM
It's pretty easy to remove an item from the Start menu. Take the following path:

Start/Settings/Menus

That should take you to a screen that allows you to add to, or delete from, your start menu. Simply deselect adobe.

Hope this helps.

ozen
03-01-2003, 06:17 PM
yea go into file explorer and go to Path:

Windows/Start Menu/

and cut the shortcut for the start menu and place it in programs, if its already there do put it there just go back and delete it from the start menu.

Windows/Start Menu/Programs <<<paste it here

Michel
03-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the help, guess I have to get used to fact that I'm dealing with a file system :)

Michel.P