View Full Version : More on LOOX/7650 problems

moriarty
03-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I have been trying to get a reliable Internet connection between my Loox and my Nokia 7650 via Bluetooth & GPRS on Vodafone.. The connection works perfectly every time for sending/recieving e-mails but when I try to conect to a web page I almost always get the message that the page I was looking for could not be found. The anoying thing is that on a few occasions, once after I did a complete restart, the connection has worked fine to the Internet. Currently I can conect to the phone via Blutooth, I go into Connections and if I tap on conect in the top drop-down menu (set at Internet Settings) the hourglass spins and nothing happens. If I tap on Modify and then tap and hold on GPRS then Connect it will contact the phone and tell me it is connnected and the two arrows icon appears to show I am connected. I can then get into my e-mails but I get this problem with the Internet pages being unable to be found. I have spent hours on the phone with Techs. from Fujitsu-Siemens, Vodafone and Nokia and none of them seem to have any idea what the problem is. I have tried specifying the DNS address, changing drop down menu settings to Work/Work/Work and sacrificing virgins to The Old Gods but nothing works! Does anyone have a solution for this? If not I am taking it back to PC World on Monday.
:evil:

JvanEkris
03-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Normally (i work with a T39m and Loox) i just tap my refresh button in PocketIE, and it connects to the internet by itself. No need to start plugfree once the connection is made. Do you have the right settings in the connections window (i.e. the right connection selected ?)

Jaap

moriarty
03-02-2003, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the reply. I only have one connection defined which is therefore the default. As I mentioned in my original post, my e-mail service works OK and I do not have to connect to the phone via Plugfree for that - I just tap 'Send/Recieve'.

belfast-biker
03-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Normally (i work with a T39m and Loox) i just tap my refresh button in PocketIE, and it connects to the internet by itself. No need to start plugfree once the connection is made. Do you have the right settings in the connections window (i.e. the right connection selected ?)

Jaap

Are you saying connection to a phone can be done without running pocket plugfree?!?!

JvanEkris
03-02-2003, 04:54 PM
@Belfastbiker,
The first connection has to be made using plugfree. This creates a nasty named dialup connection and modem (MAC-adress followed by [DUN], like anybody knows that number). After that, you simply use that dialup connection, and it works without plugfree. That is one of the improvements of ROM V1.52:)

@moriarty,
But when you open a webpage on PocketIE and then say refresh, it should start an internet connection as well. One difference could be that your mailsettings are different than the internet settings. Perhaps check which preffered service you have for your mail-client.

Jaap

belfast-biker
03-02-2003, 05:35 PM
@Belfastbiker,
The first connection has to be made using plugfree. This creates a nasty named dialup connection and modem (MAC-adress followed by [DUN], like anybody knows that number). After that, you simply use that dialup connection, and it works without plugfree. That is one of the improvements of ROM V1.52:)
Jaap

Superb. I'll try that later!

moriarty
03-04-2003, 08:04 PM
I gave up on the LOOX after trying everyone's suggestions. I took it back to PC World and exchanged it for an IPAQ 3970. The IPAQ worked perfectly first time and continues to work every time. :D

belfast-biker
03-04-2003, 08:19 PM
I gave up on the LOOX after trying everyone's suggestions. I took it back to PC World and exchanged it for an IPAQ 3970. The IPAQ worked perfectly first time and continues to work every time. :D

£450 too rich for me...I'll persevere with the loox. :)

£350 was just at the edge of my price point....

J2theIZZO
05-07-2003, 11:25 AM
The problem you may be been experiencing with the 7650 and Loox is that the 7650 only has a very small amount of BT profiles and, I agree that if you can send an email this should be a problem but the 7650 is a poor modem, I had the same problem with a 7650 and Laptop using BT.

Hopefully the P800 will work with no problems.