View Full Version : Sync more than 2 pocket PC's with 1 PC

Nick
03-01-2003, 08:44 AM
I have several pocket PC users at home who all want to sync with the main PC at home. How can I get around the activsync limit of 2 pocket pc accounts per PC? 8O

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
03-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Oooh meow, I think you have the limitation mixed up: Each pocket PC can sync with up to two computers, while a computer can have more than two partnerships.

See this post below? I'm stumped. Help him =>_<=

Nick
03-01-2003, 11:14 AM
OK - so I have 2 pocket pc's and an HPC. Previously I was happily syncing the HPC and the Pocket pc. I have now bought a 5450, and deleted the partnership for the HPC as activsync said I could only have 2 partnerships. The 2 pocket pc's work well, but when I connect the HPC it runs activesync, but stops when it tells me there is no partnership for it. BUT I CANT SET UP A THIRD PARTNERSHIP!! :evil:

Sven Johannsen
03-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Not sure what your issue is. I have three seperate PPCs partnered with my PC now and have had four (one was a CE2.11 HPC). You cannot have more than one physically connected at a time, and you cannot pair a PPC with more than two desktops, but there is no particular limit to how many PDAs (and I use that term to allow PPCs and Palm sized PCs and HPCs) can be supported by one desktop.

Are you sure you do not have the HPC paired with two already and that is the partnership it is asking to delete?

adrienne
03-07-2003, 10:27 PM
I have had three devices set up to sync with one PC before. You should not have an issue.

Nick
03-07-2003, 11:51 PM
Im going to do a hard reset on my HPC and see if that will let me sync.

Tom W.M.
03-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Is there a way to delete a partnership from the client side of things? My H/PC won't create a partnership with the PC I want it to, because it already has two (unused) partnerships with other PCs.