View Full Version : Added a sd card to 1910 = Death!

mrbest
03-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Has anyone else had this problem? Thought I would expand my use of my pda by purchasing a sd card. Put the thing in and by the next morning my 1910 was dead ... which meant I lost everything. Is there something I need to do so that the battery doesnt drain. 'Til I hear a solution, the card will stay out of the little slot!

Janak Parekh
03-01-2003, 03:31 AM
First off, were you running any programs? Pocket PCs turn on at midnight to do things like rotate alarms, and if you kept running something like Media Player the unit might not have turned back off after it was done.

Second, if the above is not the case, it's possible you have a defective SD card :cry: A SD card really shouldn't do it by itself.

--janak

vincentsiaw
03-01-2003, 07:30 AM
is this another defective iPAQ or just a defective SD card? can you put your sd card somewhere else to test it? and do you manage to revive the iPAQ after that?

realsprite
03-04-2003, 04:15 AM
I have ipaq 1910 and a 256mb SD card. I left the SD card in the ipaq friday and went on a trip. Came back monday afternoon and my ipaq still had good 85% battery. Did you fully charge your battery as recommened by HP when you first bought the ipaq? I heard playing with ipaq before you fully charging when you first buy it can be bad for the battery...

92h22a4
03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
I added a Sandisk 64MB SD to my hp1910 and it died also. When I do a hard reset, it comes back up though, but I lose everything and if I turn it off for more than a minute. It won't turn on no more. I'm not sure what's going on, the battery seems to say full and I have charged it. I just bought my unit also. I got the service plan so I'll take it back, but if it happens again with the new one. I don't know what to say. Sorry HP1910...

Limestarch
03-06-2003, 04:05 PM
I read a user review for the 1910 and the person who wrote the review returned 2 1910s with SD slot issues until his 3rd device finally worked for him. Unofficially from HP there is word that there was manufacturing issues with the SD card reader on certain production runs. So I can only assume if you buy a 1910 and it came from the wrong batch you're going to have a bad SD card reader. Of course take this all with a grain of salt.