View Full Version : Hp Ipaq 1910

FunHouse82
02-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi. I am only a day or two away from buying an iPaq 1910. For the most part it seems the right way to go...
Is there any way I can buy it from bestbuy so that I can upgrade it in the future?
Also do you think HP or COMPAQ will make an SD card that supports blue tooth?
Thank you very much

spursdude
02-28-2003, 01:15 AM
I know that, at CompUSA, you can get a plan for more $$$ where you get one free replacement unit within 2 years, and after two years you can trade-in your PPC and put that value towards a new PPC.

As for Bluetooth SD cards, the question is more of whether or not the iPaq supports SDIO. Right now it doesn't, but there has been some talk about a ROM update maybe fixing that. However, there may be hardware limits disabling SDIO... so it's all up in the air right now.

Bloop
02-28-2003, 04:17 AM
Best Buy's service plan is a lot better. Its not an upgrade thing. They pretty much give you a new pda if anything goes wrong with it. Big thing is the battery that they do cover, which they will give u a new pda for. Also if they dont carry the model anymore you get to use what you spent to buy a new one. Its like $50. I have used one once before it was a nice deal. I hear the Comp USA one cost a lot also.

Reinaldo
02-28-2003, 04:25 AM
Get the best buy service plan. I have used it and misteriously I returned 3 devices. It works the best and guarantees that your inversion will be safe. As for the iPAQ 1910, good choice. :way to go: I know its hard to make a PPC choice.

Been there, done that. :agrue: There was a big fight in my head for either a 3900 or a e740.