View Full Version : PerversionTracker: Apparently Useless Software

Jason Dunn
03-02-2003, 06:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://perversiontracker.com/' target='_blank'>http://perversiontracker.com/</a><br /><br /></div>This is utterly off topic, but I laughed so hard reading this site that I just had to pass it along <b>[WARNING: PG-13 rated site with caustic humour ahead]</b>. The fine folks at PerversionTracker live by this creed:<br /><br />"The highly trained PerversionTracker staff locates the very worst of Mac software. We search the web for 15 minutes a day — so you don’t have to!"<br /><br />Here's a typical comment from the site:<br /><br />"I’m not sure that anyone has ever really wished for a text-based racing game, but all the same, that’s what we’ve been given. Frankly, nothing can excuse this fetid little pile of frass. Nothing perhaps, other than pathological misanthropy on the part of the authors. They really must hate all humanity, since this game really has nothing going for it, nor is there any tenable reason to subject others to this flavor of torture, which is reminiscent of nothing so much as a warm loogie drifting through the inner reaches of the ear canal."<br /><br />I don't know who the guy is that writes this site, but he's got a caustic wit that puts American Idol's Simon to shame. If you enjoy watching someone critique software with the grace of an icepick-wielding psychopath, this is the site for you.

Rob Borek
03-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Can we get him to do one for the Pocket PC? I wonder how many Vincent Collura programs will make the list? :lol:

Jonathan1
03-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Actually lets see if we can get him to review the Zire.

Thinkingmandavid
03-02-2003, 03:01 PM
This guy is funny, I only read a little and enjoyed the reading. Jonathan has a good idea, I would like to hear this guy talk about the zire, the piece of crap that it is. I may message him and see if he would consider doing ppc and other pda's. If nothing else he would make the reading of reviews flavorable to say the least. Good site jason:)

Thinkingman
03-02-2003, 03:07 PM
I went to the site Jason and I thought it was great!:)
I wouldnt mind seeing some ppc and palm reviews. One thing for certain this guy is giving the blunt truth:) or if nothing else he is blunt,hehe

bblock
03-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Is there no archive of posts on this site? This reading is too good to stop at a single page...

Kati Compton
03-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Is there no archive of posts on this site? This reading is too good to stop at a single page...

Look at the left sidebar.

Steven Cedrone
03-02-2003, 06:02 PM

In my browser (IE), there is no sidebar...

Steve

Kati Compton
03-02-2003, 06:42 PM

In my browser (IE), there is no sidebar...

Ah - you're right - IE doesn't show it. Mozilla does.... It is there. I know that's not all that helpful of a response, but I have to go make lunch.

Janak Parekh
03-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Ah - you're right - IE doesn't show it. Mozilla does.... It is there. I know that's not all that helpful of a response, but I have to go make lunch.
Actually it's there; however, IE is messing it up. Chances are the guy is using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), with which IE on Windows often has trouble processing properly. I wish MS would hurry up and fix it -- they've already done so on the Mac, so we know they know how to do it.

If you're bored, download Mozilla 1.2.1, Opera, or some such browser and take a look at it through there.

--janak

Underwater Mike
03-02-2003, 11:13 PM
This WAS worth the click! I especially liked this bit:

I venture that the author may have been affected adversely by amoebic dysentery while writing this application, since it is unlikely that a healthy mind would release such an affront to puzzle games. On contemplation, I would rather directly chew loose leaf black tea than spend another moment with this REALbasic conglomeration of scum. Ripping rubber cement out of my armpit hair in the course of provoking an already enraged and frustrated tapir would likewise be a more enjoyable and wholesome entertainment.

Also, I learned a new word: otiose (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=otiose). Truly an educational site.