View Full Version : 3765 w/ Compact Flash Expansion needs constant screen adjustments

Ipaqman
02-27-2003, 09:38 PM
I have noticed that since I have begun using my CF sleeve my screen needs constant recalibration. Have you experienced this? Are there any fixes? 8O

Kaber
02-28-2003, 06:40 PM
I was getting earthquakes on my 3765. You know... when writing with the stylus its like the PDA is moving underneath the pen making it write like a seismograph.

It was being caused by pressure on the back of my ipaq. I got it a lot with the sleeve on. I think I left a wire out of place in the ipaq when I closed it after the last time I opened it (voided warranty). I also had a sticker on the inside of my CF sleeve that I removed and that seemed to help. I still want to open it up again and find out if something is pinched in there or something, putting pressure on the back of the touchscreen.

I DO NOT recommend opening your iPAQ.

Also make sure to check out this (http://www.fluxeuropa.com/palmistry/ipaq-digitiser_problem.htm) article about the problem.

Apparently this is a problem with the digitizer screen and it was supposed to be fixed in the 1.77 ROM.

iPAQs are notorious for their defects, but I love them so.

Ipaqman
03-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info. It has helped out alot!

Kaber
03-01-2003, 07:29 PM
anytime! :)