View Full Version : New ipaq, posted on PocketNow.com

trane4
02-27-2003, 03:11 PM
[I was recently at a show with an organization called Angelbeat. It is a group that works closely with HP, Cisco, Microsoft and others. One of the HP representatives shared there is a new device being released in the June/July timeframe with the following features:

* It will be the 2200 Series
* Integrated Compact Flash and SDIO slot (Finally!)
* 400MHz XScale Processor
* 16-bit Color with Transreflective TFT
* Built in Bluetooth
* Slightly larger than 1900 series from a thickness and screen but not by much (it was very light)
* Base model will come with 64MB Ram and a higher model will come with 128MB Ram, I did not get a chance to ask about ROM
* There is a replaceable battery
* It will offer both Landscape and Standard view without a soft reset!
* Black grips on the side for a very secure hold
* They did not integrate 802.11 because an SDIO card is due in June/July that will provide this functionality
* It will run on the new Microsoft operating system (this is the reason for the release date in June/July)
* It will not fit existing accessories
* A future model will have a keyboard that slides from the back and automatically changes the view to Landscape (it was described as coming from the right side of the iPaq)
* A phone option should be available “in the future”
* It will be between $300-$400 but expect it just under $400
* I held it and it is beautiful
* Don't ask for pictures, none where taken

Other comments worth mentioning:

The GSM/GPRS sleeve is expected to be release the end of this month on the AT&T network.

The new release of Office (Office 11) will completely change the look of Outlook. The preview pane will be on the side instead of the bottom was the most noticeable.

The Microsoft Wireless Information Server will be integrated into the Exchange Server. This will increase the number of companies that will have access to wireless technology and will decrease the infrastructure needed to support the environment. The current code name for this project is Titanium.

][/quote]

Pony99CA
02-27-2003, 04:06 PM
* Don't ask for pictures, none where taken

Could it look like this:
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/hp-qui.gif

See the "New HP iPaq With Integrated Keyboard?" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6367) for more information.

By the way, why didn't you post a link to the PocketNow thread (http://discuss.pocketnow.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12639&highlight=new+ipaq+2200) instead of the long quotation?

Steve

ux4484
02-27-2003, 04:22 PM
heh.......had me goin' until the "under" $400 part :D

trane4
02-27-2003, 10:11 PM
[By the way, why didn't you post a link to the PocketNow thread instead of the long quotation?
]

What's your point?

Pony99CA
02-27-2003, 11:25 PM
[By the way, why didn't you post a link to the PocketNow thread instead of the long quotation?
]

What's your point?
I thought it was rather obvious, but I'll spell it out for you. :-)

Posting a link to the original site is friendlier and allows us to see the entire discussion if we choose to. It also is like giving credit where it is due.

Linking is what the Web is about, and it's easy to provide a real link in this board system, so why not do it? Post a short snippet from the review to whet our appetite and a link to find out more.

If you have trouble creating a link, send me a private message and I'll show you how to do it.

Steve

trane4
02-28-2003, 03:10 AM
[Posting a link to the original site is friendlier and allows us to see the entire discussion if we choose to. It also is like giving credit where it is due.]

Point well taken. I will remember the next time I post something like that.

Brad Adrian
02-28-2003, 03:28 AM
If that's an accurate photo, it looks a lot bigger than the 1910. I think the 1910 has set a new form factor standard that I will hold manufacturers to when buying my next Pocket PC.

Vincent M Ferrari
02-28-2003, 04:16 AM
If that's an accurate photo, it looks a lot bigger than the 1910. I think the 1910 has set a new form factor standard that I will hold manufacturers to when buying my next Pocket PC.

I'd take functionality over form, though. I found the 1910 to be woefully inadequate as far as expandability goes, which is why I got the e330 instead. I think the 1910 is nice, but in the next revision, they had better at least add SDIO or I'll pass on that one also...