View Full Version : My Jornada has died - what do I do?

FredMurphy
02-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Noooooooo..... My Jornada 568 has just died. Well, it's dying - the backlight has gone and the buttons all auto-repeat like crazy. It may have something to do with the fact that I dropped it 4 feet onto a hard wooden floor 3 times last week. :oops:

This could normally be cause for a justified spending spree (Yay! A new toy! :D ) but it seems to have come at a really bad time. I was tempted by a Nexio S160 but if everything else to come runs PocketPC 2003 it could be in a software void. Rumours of a new OS and new devices just around the corner. Should I wait? Could I wait?

Help me please! I may be particularly swayed by comments from those who say I should wait a few months but don't want to disclose why. :wink:

xendula
02-27-2003, 08:15 PM
May it rest in peace!! :(

Or: you could get yourself a Palm so you can appreciate the new PPC you'll get in summer !!

Pat Logsdon
02-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Or: you could get yourself a Palm so you can appreciate the new PPC you'll get in summer !!
Evil! Evil! (Backs away as Xendula's head starts spinning)

spursdude
02-28-2003, 01:18 AM
I'd say get one of the cheaper PPCs on the market right now, like the Axim, iPaq 1910, or Viewsonic. Although they're relatively easy on your wallet, they will still do you well for many months, and may be potentially upgradeable to PPC 2003.

FredMurphy
02-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, I lasted less than 24 hours PocketPC-less.....bought a screwdriver to take my 568 apart but just HAD to get another PocketPC!

Despite the fact that I've got quite a few CF cards (600MB of memory, Bluetooth, WiFi) and believe CF is still the way forward, I went for a 5450 and some SD memory. It's probably all getting upgraded again come the summer but I'm a sucker for the latest kit! :roll:

Saw a 1910 and whilst it's not for me I have to say, despite hearing everyone else say it so many times, you really don't realise how tiny it is until you pick one up. Imagine just a screen without a PDA attached to it and you're almost there. 8O

xendula
02-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Hello, my name is Fred and I'm an addict! :puppydogeyes: