View Full Version : Flash Memory Cards in Canada

koro
02-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi

Does anyone know a good place or site to shop for SD and CF memory cards in Canada?

I keep seeing very cheap cards on buy.com, but Canadians have to spend $500US :evil: !

Cheers

alcdroid
02-27-2003, 02:55 AM
You can try Canada Computers at Pacific Mall in Markham. They have really good prices overall, and they sell the 256Mb SanDisk SD card for CDN$132. Their website is www.canadacomputers.com.

You can also try out www.cendirect.com. They seem to have a good selection of memory cards for a really reasonable price. It should also be noted that FutureShop cut flash memory prices as well.

Cheers!

ctmagnus
02-27-2003, 07:40 AM
This really grills my cheese. Amazon had the 1GB CF card, Tigerdirect had the 5GB PC Card harddrive and the closest we get is a 256MB card. Why aren't we allowed to have huge amounts of storage? Jason mentioned he has two 512MB CF cards but I have yet to see cards greater than 256MB anywhere north of the border.

ctmagnus
02-27-2003, 07:48 AM
then there's this:

Description 266MHZ 1GB DDR SDRAM MEMORY FOR TABLET PC SERIES
Manufacturer COMPAQ - ABG OPTIONS (http://www.cendirect.com/main_en/tech_specs.asp?rPart_no=JO994662)

Maybe a Tablet PC wouldn't be so bad to have if it had 1GB of memory, albeit at a cost of $3G+