View Full Version : Compact Flash Radio transmitter?

etalianstallion
02-27-2003, 12:21 AM
I know that there are CF modules which can turn your PC or PPC into a radio receiver. What I am looking for is a CF module that will transmit the radio frequencies. Basically, if I play an MP3 file on my PPC, I would like the CF module to send the music out on a radio frequency (say, 88.7). That way, I can play music through my car's radio system using my PPC.

Does such a device exist?

vincentsiaw
02-27-2003, 12:27 AM
AFAIK no, but you can buy those device that clip to your cellphone speaker and convert it to FM radio signal ! it,s cheap under $20!

or buy the cassete adaptor, or you can buy the wireless sound adapter, just plug i it to your earphone jack and you're done!

etalianstallion
02-27-2003, 12:58 AM
vincentsiaw,

Thanks for the advice. Where can I find the wireless sound adapter (not the cell phone speaker clip)? How much do they run? I find it more useful than with the casette adapter.

Thanks.

Dave Beauvais
02-27-2003, 01:06 AM
I bought an iRock 300W FM transmitter (https://www.myirock.com/myirock/shopping/index.jsp?product_id=&store_id=101&afl_id=-1&dist_id=-1&productID=&quantity=1&funcID=9901&department_current=40&search_product_name=) from Radio Shack for about $26. In a friend's car it works fine, by my car's stereo only picks up the signal if I hold the thing in my hand using myself as an antenna. This is very annoying and renders the thing basically useless for me when driving my car. The main reason is the thing has no real antenna to speak of, but also my car stereo is also not that great. :)

I will say, however, that when it does work, it sounds much better than the old cassette adapter I'd been using, and is far more convenient since there is no long wire.

--Dave

Pat Logsdon
02-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Check this thing out (click "More" to read about the "SoundFeeder" FM transmitter):

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?cat%5Fname=&cat%5Fid=&dept%5Fid=3719&pf%5Fid=MP950764&listing=1

I might have to pick one of these up for myself... :D

MultiMatt
02-28-2003, 12:28 AM
I'd be curious to hear a report on how well the Soundfeeder works! Has anyone used it?

Matt