View Full Version : Saving PPCT pages fail using MultiIE

jwf
02-26-2003, 05:46 PM
I've got an irritating problem that I don't really understand. Occasionally when I'm surfing the Pocket PC Thoughts site I come across a page I want to save for later. I tend to use MultiIE to do this as it has a 'Save As' option for the current page. However trying to do this for a Pocket PC Thoughts page gives an error like 'The current page is not in the browser cache' or something like that.

I've also experienced problems temporarily bookmarking a page on the Pocket PC Thoughts site for later offline browsing. When offline, the page doesn't appear to be available.

Is this something to do with the page settings (cache control maybe) on the site?

John

Dave Beauvais
02-26-2003, 08:28 PM
I've noticed this, as well. In other sites that I visit, once they're in the PPC's cache, I can view the page again while offline. This used to work with Thoughts but has been "broken" for at least three or four weeks now. Maybe it's to ensure that you get the most recent content on each visit, but to not save anything in the cache is a waste of bandwidth since the browser must requst everything including static images.

--Dave