View Full Version : Great priced SD card....

wizardmaster2k
02-26-2003, 03:20 PM
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=445222

check this out, I think this is a great deal, espicially free shipping :)

xendula
02-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a cool deal (for US/Canada), but haven't some people reported problems with sandisc SD cards?

wizardmaster2k
02-26-2003, 03:55 PM
well, i have owned an em-500, ipaq 3835, and a tosh e310. i have used sandisc cards in all of these devises, not one problem. i thought the tosh was going to have probs with all the other people telling their problems, but my devise read the card perfectly, as well as the other machines.

bdegroodt
02-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a cool deal (for US/Canada), but haven't some people reported problems with sandisc SD cards?

I've used SanDisk card exclusively and had no problems (Other than a couple of weeks ago when I dropped my iPAQ while it was playing music from the card...Making my files not addressable. Formatted the card and was back in business.).

That deal's a good one. Could be the next round of price cuts though. I see the price is currently about $20 cheaper than the next closest competitor.

ux4484
02-26-2003, 04:54 PM
of the scads of CF/SD cards we buy at work, SanDisk and Viking are the most reliable of the 6 or 7 brands we've tried.

robclif4d
02-26-2003, 06:46 PM
I've had 2 SanDisk 256mb sd cards go bad on me. Working with the third one right now. I sent my 2nd bad card into SanDisk 1 1/2 months ago for a new one. I received its replacement 2 days ago. It is SanDisk's normal operating procedure to take over a month to get you a new card (mine was under warranty)-and they tell you this during the initial call. You have to send it in first, then wait 4+ weeks to get a new one. Bad policy if you ask me.

Dave Beauvais
02-26-2003, 08:44 PM
... It is SanDisk's normal operating procedure to take over a month to get you a new card ... and they tell you this during the initial call.
It took them a few weeks to even give me a frickin' RMA number and that was only after I called them to escalate the issue to a manager. At no time was I told it would take more than a month to get the replacement card. I have not received my replacement, and if it takes anywhere near a month, I will be raising hell with them. That is completely unacceptable customer "service."

As I have repeatedly said after this experience... I will never purchase another SanDisk product ever again.

--Dave

disconnected
02-26-2003, 08:52 PM
I have that exact combination (Cruzer and card) and have never had any problems with it. I can't remember when I got it, but I don't think it was too many months ago, and I paid something like 129.00 for it (which was a bargain at the time).

shawnc
02-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Wow, excellent deal. I've got 2 sandisk SD cards (256 & 128) and have had no problems with either. I recently got a sandisk 1G CF card with no problems there either. It may be to early to tell since the CF card is the only one that gets heavy duty usage (MP3's), but so far sandisk has done fine by me.

taxus
02-27-2003, 12:10 AM
For those who are tempted by the Cruzer gadget but are wary of Sandisk: I found an alternative.

Acomdata mini-flash card reader/writer (http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?action=detail&dpno=964296)

For the very attractive price of $13.31. There are 4 models, for SD/MMC, CF, SM and MS.

For my part, I have a Sandisk 64MB SD and a Lexar 64MB SD. I've had files go bad on the Sandisk, and once after deleting a 8MB file the freed space disappeared. It is the card I'm using the most though.

I bought StorageTools and have been verifying it daily for the last two weeks; it's working fine - for the moment. I don't think I will buy Sandisk cards any more nevertheless.

darrylb
02-27-2003, 11:35 PM
I bought StorageTools and have been verifying it daily for the last two weeks; it's working fine - for the moment. I don't think I will buy Sandisk cards any more nevertheless.

Could you point me to StorageTools? I have a Sandisk256Mb Module that I am about to return. :(

Cheers
D

taxus
02-28-2003, 04:21 AM
Storage Tools (http://www.softwinter.com/storagetools.html)

BTW I'm not sure anymore about the Acomdata mini-flash card reader. On their site, there is only a picture of the CF model, and it looks to me quite bigger than the picture of the MS model on eCost.