View Full Version : E-200 Cradle problem

DanielROlson
02-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Can anybody help me with a Casio E-200 that has started refusing to stay in its sync cradle? :?:

I have never had a problem with my "low number" E-200. Now it won't stay in the cradle. The spring loaded connector keeps pushing it up and disconnects it. No changes to the hardware, nothing to explain the situation.

I sent the unit to Casio (per instructions) and they replaced the E-200 but just returned my cradle--same problem. They were more interested in getting me a newer rev! :?

Thefo
04-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Sounds like the little nib that sticks out of the cradle and engages the back of the E200 is either worn down, or maybe the casting was a little off when it was made. You could try getting a small tube of loctite (which is basically thickened up crazy glue) and slowly build up a thin layer on the top of the little nib that sticks out. Allow lots of time for it to dry and use a small four sided file or a nail file to file between coats and keep it level. I also used masking tape around the nib after the glue dried before filing to protect the cradle from file scratches.The idea is to build it up and more importantly to keep it square so that you can have the E200 firmly engaged without poping up and out of the notch on the back of the PPC. This is what I tried with mine and it worked like a charm, but then again I'm kind of fearless when it comes fixing stuff so you may or may not be comfortable doing this. I guess another option would be to get a new cradle (expensive :( )

Best of luck