View Full Version : ActiveSync Poll!

GSibble
02-25-2003, 11:36 PM
What do you all think of ActiveSync? Personally, I hate it. Post your stories!!!

-George

Shadowcat
02-26-2003, 12:13 AM
It's been mostly ok for me. I hate the way it handles data when I have to do a hard reset on my PPC :evil:

One other problem that just came up a few weeks ago, I can only sync my PPC once after I turn on my computer. If I unplug it and plug it back in, I get a message saying "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem exists, contact your network administrator."

The funny thing is I have a laptop, not a desktop. What's weird is that each time I restart my laptop, I can sync again, but only once before I need to restart my laptop. :?

Anyone else have this problem or know what's wrong?

vincentsiaw
02-26-2003, 12:18 AM
well do we have any other choice beside activesync?

spursdude
02-26-2003, 12:35 AM
I have rarely had any problems, and those problems have been minor. I understand people's frustrations, but don't forget that there are some people who have nothing against ActiveSync. I can't say that I love it, but it sure works reliably for me.

Rirath
02-26-2003, 12:38 AM
It works a whole lot better than a good deal of software I know of.

RickP in AZ
02-26-2003, 01:06 AM
I feel kind of guilty that it works perfectly fine for me. Sure there are a few features I'd like to see fixed or returned:

1. Sync *only* Unread email
2. WinCE Inbox transfer - transfer only a selected email
3. Partnering with 2 computers wouldn't mess up the email sync. (Keeps all messages unless totally deleted. Even keeps emails in Pocket Inbox when they are transferred to another, unsynced, folder on the dekstop.)
4. More options like: Handheld overwrites Desktop
5. Allowance to keep existing device ID after a hard reset. (i.e. Hard reset, rename device the same as before, sync, and Bam! Total rebuild. Palms practically do this, why can't ActiveSync.)
5. More info on "1 item not synchronized..." Um, ok... I have like 500 items in there, what the heck isn't syncing????

And there are a few others... But for me it has been 98% stable and reliable.

Roosterman
02-26-2003, 03:45 AM
Like most all who have posted, my experience has been fine. It would be nice to have more flexiblitiy with the settings but it does what I want it too.

Pony99CA
02-26-2003, 04:52 AM
I think it works OK, but not great. It could certainly stand a lot more work.

Steve