View Full Version : iPAQ 1910 & Windows Media Player HELP!

realsprite
02-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi all, it seems like you guys have great deal of experience with PPC, any input will be appeciated!

I just bought a HP iPAQ 1910. I installed Active Sync and tried to install the Windows Media Player 8.0 that came with the CD bundle. The program seems to install itself fine, but when I click on the WMP icon or the try to run the player.exe file on the PPC it says "Cannot find 'player' (or one of tis components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available". How do I get Windows Media Player to Work?! I've downloaded other updates and WMP files from MS website but when installed they have the same results. Please Help.

Thanks for reading and Cheers!

Eitel
02-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Try this:

Unisntall WMP8 from your PPC. Disconnect it from your PC.

Go to Add/Remove Programs on your PC and remove "Wmp 8 for Pocket PC" from your computer.

Still in your Computer, go to C:|Program Files\MS Active Sync and make sure that there's NOT a WMP8 for PPC folder there

Connect your PPC and install WMP8 from the CD.

Ed Hansberry
02-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi all, it seems like you guys have great deal of experience with PPC, any input will be appeciated!

I just bought a HP iPAQ 1910. I installed Active Sync and tried to install the Windows Media Player 8.0 that came with the CD bundle. The program seems to install itself fine, but when I click on the WMP icon or the try to run the player.exe file on the PPC it says "Cannot find 'player' (or one of tis components).
Did you do a soft reset after the install?

realsprite
02-26-2003, 06:06 AM
Eitel you are a Genius! Oddly enough there was Old Media Player 7 (For MIP) Stuck in my Desktop keep reinstalling it!!! Thanks Alot! :P :P :P
Thanks for you input also Ed, Does it help to soft reset after installing each program?

Ed Hansberry
02-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Eitel you are a Genius! Oddly enough there was Old Media Player 7 (For MIP) Stuck in my Desktop keep reinstalling it!!! Thanks Alot! :P :P :P
Thanks for you input also Ed, Does it help to soft reset after installing each program?
Great you found the solution. Yeah, a soft reset helps but is not always required.

Janak Parekh
02-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Just to add to Ed's answer -- most programs that need a soft reset usually will tell you as much. However, I usually do a soft reset after I install "system-level" programs, just to be sure.

--janak