View Full Version : Noobie Activsync Problems

Xenon
02-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Hi all, I've just swapped from Palm to PPC and I love it!

One problem you can help me with though is that I have 13 unresolved items stuck in the 'Inbox' line of my Activsync dialogue box. I do not know what they are. These items NEVER resolve themselves and I have tried rebooting laptop, soft resetting iPAQ, temorarily removing Inbox from sync and then adding it back to sync list and shutting down Laptop Outlook and restarting it....NOTHING shifts these pesky unresolved items.

At the moment I am at a loss as to what to do next. Should I remove/re-install Activsync? I am using 3.6 and have just managed to get Avantgo setup to function correctly :) It would be just my luck to have to try to do the whole setup thing again! Anybody know what the solution to this might be?

Jason Dunn
03-04-2003, 07:59 PM
I sometimes have this problem too, and there's no really good way to fix it. Try soft resetting your Pocket PC, then trying to sync it again. Sometimes restarting Outlook helps as well.

bobkatt
03-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Try looking in your options and checking the inbox settings of your desktops Activesync.
You should see what or where the problem files are.
Then resolve them accordingly.

Also go to Options/rules/conflict resolution and and change "leave the items unresolved" to "replace them with desktop items".
Once the items are cleared then switch it back to "leave the items unresolved".

Good luck

Yusof
07-11-2003, 02:28 AM
This problem suddenly appeared with me. I tried re-installing Outllook & Activesync with no luck.
There is a reference to it in the Microsoft suppport at the following address:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295001
Something to do with zero-length files being created because of insufficent resources. I tried the solution but it didn't work with me.
I then removed Inbox from the items to be synchronized with the Desktop; emptied the Inbox on the Handheld; and then re-set the Activesync options on the handheld device(Tools - Options - Server). After syncing with the Desktop, I then removed the sync options from the device, re-synced with the Desktop in control and, bingo - no more unresolved items.
Pure Luck I imagine, and no idea why it worked, but it's worth a try.
Best of Luck