View Full Version : File Explorer / PIE error - please help

MPSmith
02-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I am having an interesting error with my iPaq 3635 and later a Dell Axim running PPC 2002 and have not been able to find answer as to why its happening:

When I click on File Explorer, then try to open one of the folders in it, Internet Explorer is accessed instead! No matter which folder I choose, IE comes up!!!

Someone discovered that I had a rogue url file in Windows/Favorites folder. There was an unnamed file there with a url extension. I renamed it "link" and the problem went away for a while. I was told that an anonymous internet shortcut confuses the device sometimes, targeting PIE instead of the root directory or whatever.

However, the problem keeps coming up and I can't find any discussion of such a problem.

Any thoughts?

ipaq38vette
02-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Delete the shortcut using activesync

MPSmith
02-25-2003, 05:51 AM
Delete the shortcut using activesync

I wish it were that easy. I did that, but the problem came back up. I've had this problem for going on 6 months on two different PPC's. Something is generating these unnamed links, I just don't know what it is.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

ozen
02-27-2003, 11:46 PM
do you have the same programs on both PPCs? it might be a program that is changing someother shortcut that your not aware of.