View Full Version : Thumb keyboard from Dell? where did it go?

TheBacklash
02-24-2003, 01:04 AM
I saw a few weeks ago a Thumb KB from Dell, on their website.

I can't find it now... I know some people ordered it, Maybe you could point us to the part number? I know that someone said you had to order it fromthe education side, or something like that...

Any help would be nice.

And maybe a Pic on the Dell from those that have one already :D
(if you can't host it, send it to me, I will host it. I just want to see it)

Sslixtis
02-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Interesting, I went to the Dell site and had the same problem, however if you go in to configure an Axim it lets you select the Snapon Keyboard part # SOKYBD [310-2943]. After seeing this I tried to search the site for it and came up with zero results. I would imagine that you could call and have a representative order it for you. I had to do this when the Extended battery first came out. :wink:

Cheers!

PetiteFlower
02-24-2003, 02:46 AM
I suspect that it's either on backorder or in short supply so they don't want to make it too easy to find. Once they have more it will probably be back up on the site.

StarkAZ75
02-24-2003, 06:19 AM
There was a thread on here that mentioned that people were able to use that product number and order the keyboard over the phone. However, some of the threads also mentioned that when they tried to get costumer support for the KB that the CS people had absolutely no clue that it even existed. Makes you wonder.

Oh, I just noticed that the regular folding KB for the Dell is on sale for 89.

Fzara
02-24-2003, 07:09 AM
Does anyone here know if there are any reviews on the Dell snapon keyboard? I might be interested in buying it, and its rather cheap with the 10% discount being offered by Dell.

TheBacklash
03-02-2003, 12:56 AM
Mainly to bump it back up to the first page... :roll:

But does anyone here *have* one?
I would really like to hear from those that have one. What does it feel like on the axim? sturdy? cheap?
how well does it work? Worth the hassle of searching for it/calling dell with Part number?

I really haven't heard of any aftermarket snapon keyboard for the axim, I would rather have a snap on type than a full type KB. The foldables I think would be yet another thing for me to lug around... probably deter me from using it rather than using it. the snap on I would be more apt to carry with me and use... If it is worth buying that is.

Again does anyone have one? Pics? :?: