View Full Version : Just HAD to buy the 1910 and take it for a spin. . .

Macguy59
02-23-2003, 02:39 AM
Even though I have been enjoying the Palm Tungsten T I got a week ago, the cute HP 1910 has been calling to me in Best Buy. What the heck. I bought one today. Like everyone else I am stunned by the clarity and brightness of the display. The size is perfect and with the OC utility it runs @ 300mhz. A recent thread is giving me hope of having the SD slot actually be SDIO capable. But the fonts fail in comparison to the Tungsten T. An issue I wish MS would address. But I digress. Is there a video payer that is Xscale optimized? Or perhaps one that runs better then the others? Video really sucks on this unit.

Konsole
02-23-2003, 03:34 AM
I just bought my 1910 today also... I LOVE THIS THING... granted I have only owned a Palm 1 and a Handspring Visor Deluxe. PPC RoXors!

byteme said he can clock it up to 300... I know that will eat up more battery power and such. My question is, is it safe? Do I risk hurting the CPU if i overclock it?

Its so cute.. the colors are amazing and the themes are fun.

I just hope they make a rom for SDIO soon.

Macguy59
02-23-2003, 03:38 AM
I just bought my 1910 today also... I LOVE THIS THING... granted I have only owned a Palm 1 and a Handspring Visor Deluxe. PPC RoXors!

byteme said he can clock it up to 300... I know that will eat up more battery power and such. My question is, is it safe? Do I risk hurting the CPU if i overclock it?

Its so cute.. the colors are amazing and the themes are fun.

I just hope they make a rom for SDIO soon.

The battery drain is nominal and you run no risk of doing the 1910 harm. It really isn't overclocking it per se rather then just allowing the xscale CPU to at it's full speed. No worries mate :wink: