View Full Version : Fade

Stilke
02-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Adventure game with nice graphic, longevity,good sense of humor => FADE
+ it's not a Lucasart clone and The story is actually really good

you can check this at www.fade-team.com

mirkazemisaman
02-23-2003, 05:27 AM
I downloaded that game, but couldn't get anything out of it (maybe that's just me)... BTW, what do you mean "nice graphic"? All I saw during the 5 minutes I played it was 8O pictures that you had to click on 8O ... no real graphics!?!?!? Was I not in the actual game yet? Was that just an openning? I might give it a try again since so many people seem to like "pictures with things you can click on"!!!

Rirath
02-23-2003, 06:18 AM
BTW, what do you mean "nice graphic"? All I saw during the 5 minutes I played it was 8O pictures that you had to click on 8O ... no real graphics!?!?!?

Remember Myst? :)

vincentsiaw
02-23-2003, 06:34 AM
so, what's the verdict?

mirkazemisaman
02-23-2003, 07:49 AM
BTW, what do you mean "nice graphic"? All I saw during the 5 minutes I played it was 8O pictures that you had to click on 8O ... no real graphics!?!?!?

Remember Myst? :)

Mystic Financial??? 8O, LOL

Buddha
02-23-2003, 12:57 PM
If you can appreciate a game with a good story and are not only driven by nice flashing GFX, then this is a game worth checking out.

Stilke
02-23-2003, 08:13 PM
"I downloaded that game, but couldn't get anything out of it (maybe that's just me)... BTW, what do you mean "nice graphic"? All I saw during the 5 minutes I played it was pictures that you had to click on ... no real graphics!?!?!? Was I not in the actual game yet? Was that just an openning? I might give it a try again since so many people seem to like "pictures with things you can click on"!!!"

Wow, I guess you have a very limited gaming experience :)
There are few animation in the game itself, but there are hundreds of beautifull CG picture, with total popup interaction on each viewable object
, Great ambience sounds, almost the content of a book of readable texts, great story that take a while to resolve...
I don't know what you mean about "real graphics" If you prefer playing a game where you control a small ship killing all other small chips for about ten level, then it's your choice... Not all people like game with contents, you are right.

Kaber
02-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Remember Choose Your Own Adventure books? Oh the memories.

Some games take "imagination". They used to teach that in elementary schools. But with budget cutbacks and all...

Rirath
02-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Some games take "imagination". They used to teach that in elementary schools. But with budget cutbacks and all...

There's no reason to get insulting about this.

Honestly I was rather bored with games like Myst, Uninvited, and Deja Vu when they were still new, much less today. Still, it does look rather fun for awhile. This looks like a slow paced game with mystery, you need to realize that going in.

Stilke
02-23-2003, 11:42 PM
I don't Like myst kind games, There are only a few substance in them except nice pictures and repetitive puzzle, I think most of latest adventure games are going the wrong way with having one or two examinable elements per room, I tend to prefer Gabriel knight or Fade kind of environment, where everything is examinable.
there are a lot to care of and funny description/interaction.
That's what's lacking most in today games "Meat" :)

Stilke
02-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Speaking of games with "Meat" I'm eager to Try "freelancer" the latest Elite like Microsoft Games
I heard it's awesome