View Full Version : Folders Visable by Word & Excel

beckp
02-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Yesterday I decided to do some cleanup and free up some main memory (Tosh e740). I uninstalled several applications to remove them from main memory and re-installed them to my CF storage card. Now when I open either Word or Excel I not only see the folders in My Documents but all the folders created on the storage card. Is there a way to tell Word & Excel to only show My Documents folders?

William Yeung
02-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Very simple, use CF reader/any good file explorer to see ur CF Card (not the PPC Built in one...) at root u will find ignore_my_docs, delete that while u make sure u have My Documents folder. dada~

Its a funny design, first time u insert ur card if there is no My Documents it automatically 'tag' the card as this.

beckp
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok, I must be doing something wrong..... I have Resco File Explorer 2003 and I see the ignore_my_docs file in the root directory of my CF card. I delete the file, close Resco, open Word and it still shows all the Folders in My Documents (still in main memory, which I want) plus all the folders on my CF card (which I don't want). If I go back into Resco a new ignore_my_docs file has been crerated.

Then I tried deleting again, shut of PPC, removed CF and turned back on, and of course now I wasn't seeing the CF folders (because it was removed). Turned the PPC off, re-inserted the CF and they were back.

What am I doing wrong?

Janak Parekh
02-20-2003, 05:00 PM
beckp, William pointed out that when you delete the ignore_my_docs you must also create a "My Documents" folder on the CF card at the same time. If the Pocket PC OS doesn't see that folder, it decides to browse all of them.

--janak

beckp
02-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Ah, Missed that step .... it worked. Next question is there a wy to change the column width when viewing the files in the "My Documents" folder? I want to see more of the file name.