View Full Version : Pocket PC Thoughts Goes 24/7

Jason Dunn
02-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Historically, we've posted most of our news between 8 AM and about 5 PM North American time. Over the past few weeks you may have noticed a shift towards us spreading out the news a bit more - recognizing that fully 40% of our visitors come from outside the US and Canada, it only makes sense to shift Pocket PC Thoughts into a 24-hour a day mode. To that end, you'll probably see the news spread out on a more or less hourly basis, and we'll try to cover each 24 hour period with as much of the good stuff as we can. We might need to bring on more Europeans though, because I need to sleep. :lol:

Kaber
02-20-2003, 06:05 AM
As Mr. Montgomery Burns would say, "Excellent" :twisted:

vincentsiaw
02-20-2003, 06:26 AM
Cool man, now i know where to go on the net if i can't sleep at night :lol:

dean_shan
02-20-2003, 06:45 AM
Good now there will be news updates during my late night surfing.

Pony99CA
02-20-2003, 06:48 AM
This time of the year, isn't it almost always night up there? :-)

Being a night person, I'd welcome a few more stories at night and a few less during the day.

Steve

dean_shan
02-20-2003, 06:53 AM
This time of the year, isn't it almost always night up there? :-)

Yeah but we're gaining daylight now. We had 8.5 hours of daylight today. But in a couple of months I'll be seeing 20 hours of light.

Rirath
02-20-2003, 06:58 AM
Great news for the night surfing insomniacs such as myself. :way to go:

Paragon
02-20-2003, 07:01 AM
We might need to bring on more Europeans though, because I need to sleep. :lol:

Sleep!!!! No need to worry about sleep. What do you think Janak is for. He went a whole week without sleep while you guys were away. He could handle all of Asia, and Europe on his own. :)

Dave

Delta737
02-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Great, that's great news!!

We might need to bring on more Europeans though

I volunteer :P

marlof
02-20-2003, 07:36 AM
Yes, Janak for sure is in a league of his own right now. But as the old story goes: you can't by swinging the same axe at the trees continuously, sometimes the axe needs to be sharpened. That's what this European has been doing after returning to a desk full of work returning from a week of Pocket PC heaven. So I can see the reason for Jasons expression to possibly bringing more Europeans (currently 2 against 4 Northern Americans) on.

ThomasC22
02-20-2003, 07:40 AM
Sleep!!!! No need to worry about sleep. What do you think Janak is for. He went a whole week without sleep while you guys were away. He could handle all of Asia, and Europe on his own. :)

Dave

He does live in the city that never sleeps, I think it's high time they started earning that title :)

(So I guess that means when Huey Lewis said a hundred millioin things that he meant updating ppcthoughts, who knew?)

P.S. I get the feeling I'll be seeing you all in the HOF&S shortly 8)

WillyG
02-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Good news! Believe it or not PPCT is just as important as the local newspaper for me. First thing i do in the morning after i arrive at work, is to get a cup of cofee, open the browser and visit the following 3 sites
1) www.pocketpcthoughts.com
2) www.itavisen.no - general IT news (in norwegian)
3) www.hardware.no - hardware related news (in norwegian)
...and in that order.

I doubt i would had looked upon the PPC as more than a tool, if it wasnt for pocketpcthoughts. Now its a hobby.

hshortt
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Hmmm....

I'd also volunteer to help with News postings.

Cheers
Howard

JvanEkris
02-20-2003, 09:58 AM
We might need to bring on more Europeans though, because I need to sleep. :lol:

If you need a european based moderator, give send me a private message. I'm a moderator on another PPC-board as well (www.pocketpc-club.nl), so why not double the fun :)

Jaap

ChuckyRose
02-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Living in Japan, the news is certainly welcome. It's nice being able to view the page more than once a day and see some changes inbetween visits. Great!

vlado
02-20-2003, 02:47 PM
You might consider having someone in the Antipodes to give you true 24 hour cover.

Might Jenneth be interested ?

Janak Parekh
02-20-2003, 04:45 PM
He does live in the city that never sleeps, I think it's high time they started earning that title :)
Heh. Thanks, guys. I did manage to get some sleep, believe it or not. 8O Thank goodness for the PPCT frontpage scheduling system...

Might Jenneth be interested ?
I think she's in competition with us. :lol:

--janak

Weyoun6
02-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Yea! Now I can get updates while I am online. 8-5 is when I am least likely to be online.

Yes - i know the timestamp defeats my statement, but today is not my typical day.

Gen-M
02-20-2003, 05:31 PM
We might need to bring on more Europeans though, because I need to sleep.

You need to get Asian representation for true global presence. :)

That way you can cover both sides of both major oceans 8)

Jonathan1
02-20-2003, 08:13 PM
8O 24/7 You're like the CNN of the Pocket PC world. :lol: Can we expect you to launch the PPC network this fall? The intro music can be the default audio bit from Media Player in Pocket PC 2000. :D

Jason Dunn
02-20-2003, 09:04 PM
You need to get Asian representation for true global presence. :)

That would be cool - but we're pretty selective in who we pick, and I don't see that many people in Asian markets being active community members here. Of course, it's a little hard to tell. :D

Jonathon Watkins
02-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Good, good, good. The global domination plans are right on schedule I see. :lol:

Nice to have more .....spaced out stories. Thanks guys! :P

Edit - Oh wow - I just hit Sage 8O - Cool! :D