View Full Version : PocketNES rom files

ozen
02-20-2003, 02:43 AM
Where can I get ROM files for PocketNES? And are these ROM files games or what are they. I downloaded pocketNES 1.0 final beta, is this the newest version of PocketNES?
Any Help would be great

spursdude
02-20-2003, 03:28 AM
Technically, one can only possess a ROM to a game if he or she physically owns that game. Otherwise, holding a ROM for over 24 hours is illegal. Thus, you won't get any links off these boards... do a Google search for NES ROMs, and you should get plenty of sites.

Basically, you will download the ROM file for whichever game you want, and then put it on your PPC, and you can play it like a NES game on your PPC.

felixdd
02-20-2003, 03:31 AM
I've always been curious about this -- why "24 hours" in terms of illegal rom ownership?

grohl
02-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Dude, do an NES search on Kazaa - you'll find everything you need. :twisted:

dean_shan
02-20-2003, 05:30 AM
when you search for roms you better be ready for a long search that includes plenty of pop ups

IanG
02-20-2003, 05:36 AM
I think that the 24 hour rule is an urban myth. Copyright is copyright.

Also, I think that the admins will delete any posts listing sites to get roms from for this reason.

If I were looking for anything on the web, I think that kazaa or google would be pretty good places to start.

Later

Ian G

TheBacklash
02-22-2003, 01:44 AM
there is one site, no i won't post it, but if interested I will PM the site with over 900 NES roms to you, I don't think there is any pop-up sat all, and all links work.

Also has C64 and other roms there... And yes they are for archival reasons only.

Kazaa is good as well. but speed could be an issue.

Searching the net will get you many, MANY pop-ups....and not all are of the "x-10" varity either.