View Full Version : Of All Things Esquire & GPS Passion Flaming

paulbiba
02-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Come on over to www.gpspassion.com for news and reviews of Pocket PC GPS hardware and software. We also have comparison charts on both hardware and software and the best forum around on GPS matters.

JMountford
02-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Come on over to www.gpspassion.com for news and reviews of Pocket PC GPS hardware and software. We also have comparison charts on both hardware and software and the best forum around on GPS matters.

I am not so sure posting an add for your site in a review from someone elses' site is a nice thing to do.

I find it a little sleazy.

Pony99CA
02-17-2003, 09:19 PM
I am not so sure posting an add for your site in a review from someone elses' site is a nice thing to do.

I find it a little sleazy.
Aren't we here to help each other? If GPS Passion has useful content, why shouldn't it be mentioned, especially as it was relevant to the topic at hand? Should we only have one opinion on GPS receivers?

Would it have been "better" if someone not involved with the site had mentioned it? If so, then I guess I can mention that there's also Pocket GPS (http://www.pocketgps.co.uk). :-)

I suppose you'll find my signature sleazy, too, but I guess I'll have to live with it. :roll:

Steve

dacs29
02-18-2003, 02:21 AM
Esquire, huh?

David

Oregon Trail
02-18-2003, 02:32 AM
Only an attorney can use the appellation. Goes back a few centuries.

yunez
02-18-2003, 02:58 AM
I was wondering whether someone has experience with VITO Navigator. It seems to be a basic GPS program for hiking and camping (possibly geocaching).

Thanks,
Jim
i just used the demo last night to go on my first geocache. Basically it provides you with a big fat arrow pointing to your cache. It also has a little breadcrumb feature that tracks your path. Thats about all you need to geocache. It shows speed, bearing, heading, and distance--however the distance updates too irregularly, so im not really sure how far i am.

Some geocachers opt to use superimposed topographical maps, but you will need OziExplorer for that (VITO navigator doesnt support it). The maps can be scanned from paper maps, or they can be purchased in digital form depending on which prog ur using. Most people dont bother with the maps, unless youre in serious terrain

paulbiba
02-18-2003, 03:11 AM
I'm sorry, but I consider my posting the link to gpspassion.com to be a service to the comunity. Nothing's being sold here, and we are all about sharing information. Do you read only one book at a time?

Speaking of sharing, www.pocketpcpassion.com has an excellent thread of GPS matters.

Pony99CA
02-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Only an attorney can use the appellation. Goes back a few centuries.
I know that attorneys use "Esquire", but is it really true that nobody but an attorney can use it? Is it illegal to use it otherwise? The Merrian-Webster dictionary (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?esquire) didn't even mention lawyers (but Microsoft Bookshelf did).

Unless there is some certification required to use the term, it strikes me as an affectation.

How this is relevant to GPS, though, I don't know. :-)

Steve