View Full Version : PIMs, Wallet Apps, etc. What do YOU store and where?

Rirath
02-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Just a little curious on your guy's data management habits. What programs do you use to store your data? What types of data do you store? That kind of thing. Now, I know the answers of course... but I'm hoping to gain a few creative ideas.

Personally I use Pocket Informant / Outlook XP to store my contacts, agenda and tasks. The tasks are usually just todo lists sorted into categories so I don't have to think about it when I'm ready to get something done. Like, under website I have graphics that need made, things that need wrote, and PHP that needs coded.

Most everything else I store in FlexWallet. My anime collection, (what number the last episode of each series I watched was, how many episodes), my previous class list and related information, all my ISP and website information like IP addresses, passwords and software serials of course, and personal info like clothing sizes. I've thought about using ListPro for checklists, but I think Pocket Informant meets all my list needs.

So, anyone have any creative things to store or handy ways to store them?

msprague
02-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Your usage sounds just like my usage, except I have Agenda Fusion instead of PI. I finally got Flexwallet with the $5 deal they had a couple of weeks ago. Now I finally have all my passwords and bank info in Flexwallet instead of an unencrypted .txt file that I used for the past year. 8O
I too tried ListPro for a few days but fell back to tasks in Outlook.

Kati Compton
02-19-2003, 04:42 PM
PI/FlexWallet or CodeWallet/Traveller

I haven't had a chance to decide between the two wallet programs yet. I think I'd choose CodeWallet off the bat if it came with the desktop version for free.

WindWalker
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
I am PI/Outlook/Lotus Notes R5 user.....yeah, I know, it's goofy, but it's working. I also am using ListPro for some lists, but to-dos I use the traight PIM functions of the other proucts. I am using eWallet for ID storage functions.

Rirath
02-19-2003, 07:56 PM
I think what bugs me about ListPro is it just seems so barebones. Especially the desktop version, there's so much wasted whitespace. It just seems like something that should be part of something else, like Outlook/PI/AF.

Video11
02-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Pocket Informant / Outlook for PIM stuff. eWallet for the usual stuff: serial numbers, accounts, websites, passwords, membership numbers and a list of the last comic books I have purchased. Keeps me from buying the same issue twice. :oops:

I bought flexWallet when it was on sale for $5 a couple of weeks ago, but didn't really like it. Found that couldn't I scroll up and down using the navigation button on my Jornada 568. That, plus I was too lazy to input all of my wallet info into a new program.

I tried ListPro, but didn't really like it enough to purchase it. Found a shareware list program called ListMan that allows me to create simple lists like shopping and packing lists. Answers my needs and the price was right.

Cheers.

Rirath
02-20-2003, 01:41 AM
I tried ListPro, but didn't really like it enough to purchase it. Found a shareware list program called ListMan that allows me to create simple lists like shopping and packing lists. Answers my needs and the price was right.

Cheers.

Hey thanks a lot man, ListMan looks awesome. I'm installing it right now. :D And great idea about the comic books... I bet my Sis would love it if I kept track of the Manga we own using FlexWallet. Never thought of that.