View Full Version : Problem with activesync using a ibm microdrive

Slapshot
02-19-2003, 03:57 AM
I have a compaq 3765 with an expansion pack. I'm using a 1gig ibm microdrive. When i go to sync device it says connected but nothing happens. If i take the microdrive out it sync with no prob. When i sign on my other pc as a guest it works fine. Thats where i transfer my big files over from anyways. It's annoying to keep pulling the ibm drive out all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Janak Parekh
02-19-2003, 04:42 AM
That's very weird. I used a Microdrive with my 3650 and 3870 for years without any problems. Did you try a soft-reset? Do you have another CF card you can plug into the expansion pack to see if it happens with something non-Microdrive?

--janak

Slapshot
02-20-2003, 01:48 AM
I tried a soft reset and yes it works with a regular cf card. I've uninstalled active sync and reinstalled it. It will sync the new connection but thats it. When i try to sync afterwards the ppc locks up and has to be reset. This is wierd but here it goes. I have snoop dashboard on my ppc. I thought that program might be the problem since once and a while it will lock up. I turned off snoop and was able to sync with no problem. Once it connects and sync outlook i turn it back on and it stays connected and don't lock up. I really like snoop so i'm not going to delete it. I wish there was another program that showed more than one day of appointments on today screen. Untill then i'll live with it.

Janak Parekh
02-20-2003, 05:42 AM
Ah, that's still weird. I was using SnoopSoft Dashboard too, for quite a while, with the iPaq 3870 and Microdrive. I stopped using it after I got used to PI... but in the meantime did you buy the registered version? The free SnoopSoft version is very, very, very buggy. If you bought the registered version I'd suggest making sure you have the latest.

--janak