View Full Version : game emulator

Xtreme23
02-17-2003, 05:57 PM
does anyone know of any other emulator that works well for other systems besides Nintendo. I know there been a lot of talk of yames and nes. Just wondering if there's one for sega or PS or even PS2 or others.
Thanks in advance for the feedback

Rirath
02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Come on... ps2? If you really really knew what you was doing, you might be able to strip down a ps1 game of all music, sounds, and movies and play it with some serious frameskip. But it probably wouldn't be worth the effort and there's no good premade emulators at the moment so you'd have to do it yourself.

So obviously, no. Look into MAME, Atari, C64, GameGear, GameBoy, etc.

PetiteFlower
02-18-2003, 12:09 AM
There aren't enough buttons on a PPC to be able to play those games anyway...

Fishie
02-18-2003, 12:31 AM
does anyone know of any other emulator that works well for other systems besides Nintendo. I know there been a lot of talk of yames and nes. Just wondering if there's one for sega or PS or even PS2 or others.
Thanks in advance for the feedback

PC engine, Sega Master system and Game gear (genesis emulation just like snes is really crappy) and lots of old computer formats like MSX, C64, Apple IIc etcetera

pez
02-18-2003, 12:38 AM
20 bucks I get flamed for saying this :lol:

Is there a GBA emulator out?

Ufdah
02-18-2003, 12:44 AM
20 bucks I get flamed for saying this :lol:

Is there a GBA emulator out?

Yes I've seen links to it, but I don't know where it is and I haven't tried it because everyone says that it's way to slow and jerky. Not close to being playable yet.

Rirath
02-18-2003, 01:25 AM
There's a few GBA emulators. One's by the dude that makes Morphgear, and it's pay. Forget it. There's another out there called VBAdvanceCE that's up and coming. They aren't there yet, but claims have been made we could see near full speed on today's hardware. I personally doubt this, but who knows.

At any rate, search pocketgamer.org for links to all this and more.
Like I've said before...

http://www.pocketgamer.org/vbadvancece
http://www.pocketgamer.org/vbadvancece%20news

chris269526
02-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Im using Morphgear's GBA emulator (no, its not worth the money) but, I've gotten it to load up most of my GBA roms. It runs pretty slow on most games, but on games such as yugi-oh that already have a slow pace, they are playable.

IronGeek
02-21-2003, 02:10 AM
I’d love to find a SNES or Genesis emulator that runs at a decent speed. The one Genesis emulator I tried on my Axim just gave me a blank screen.

bigempty
03-02-2003, 04:49 PM
the first beta releases of that new VBAdvanceCe is really, REALLY slow for GBA games.

Give em some time, and they will, at least, improve on this 8)

JeZaD
03-05-2003, 09:28 AM
I love PocketSCUMM, it enables you to play all those fun Lucas Arts games like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc that were originally written for the PC at 320x200 These types of adventure games suit the Pocket PC really well (screen resolution, speed), have fairly respectable graphics and are STILL loads of fun to play.

Arcade games will eventually wreck your Pocket PCs rocker switch - but are good fun to demo to friends...

spursdude
03-06-2003, 12:59 AM
I love PocketSCUMM, it enables you to play all those fun Lucas Arts games like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle etc that were originally written for the PC at 320x200 These types of adventure games suit the Pocket PC really well (screen resolution, speed), have fairly respectable graphics and are STILL loads of fun to play.

Arcade games will eventually wreck your Pocket PCs rocker switch - but are good fun to demo to friends...

Just wondering - where do you get the games to play on PocketSCUMM? That is, if they're legal. If they're illegal, just tell nicely - I know we can't like to illegal material or anything like that.

Monkey Island on the PPC sounds awesome...

mscdex
03-06-2003, 02:53 AM

Just wondering - where do you get the games to play on PocketSCUMM? That is, if they're legal. If they're illegal, just tell nicely - I know we can't like to illegal material or anything like that.

Monkey Island on the PPC sounds awesome...

Well, if you own the original game on floppy or cd-rom, then you're in luck. Just follow the instructions on how to extract the necessary files from the source media (floppy/cdrom) so that you can play the game on your PPC.

Sydney Bristow
12-24-2003, 07:01 PM
There's a few GBA emulators. One's by the dude that makes Morphgear, and it's pay. Forget it. There's another out there called VBAdvanceCE that's up and coming. They aren't there yet, but claims have been made we could see near full speed on today's hardware. I personally doubt this, but who knows.

At any rate, search pocketgamer.org for links to all this and more.
Like I've said before...

http://www.pocketgamer.org/vbadvancece
http://www.pocketgamer.org/vbadvancece%20news

Hmm...frankly, I'm quite confused about which one I'm supposed to upload to my Pocket PC (there's too many files inside the binary set of VBAdvanceCE)...I'm using HP iPAQ 4150 -- would somebody please point out which one I'm supposed to go for? ^^ Thank you!

Also, I'm still confused whether this is legal or not...is it legal as long as I have a hard copy of the game that I bought with my own money? :?

[edit]
I got it, I think I'm supposed to get the "PPC --> ARM" things as well as gsfile --> ARM things...but now if I try to load a game, it just ends and nothing happens... :(

mscdex
12-27-2003, 07:07 AM
wow, talk about an old topic ;) :)

kazuni
05-22-2004, 02:46 AM
Wow, how very odd. I found most of my games playable on the axim x3 using morphgear - GBA port's sound is a little clicky at times but i usually turn it off anyways. I can play Metroid zero, metroid fusion and Super robot wars advanced/D/P mariocart advance, rtype DX etc etc with about 40~50 fps (out of 60) with 1-skipframe and autoframe on. for the SNES part it's Great - sound is awesome and metroid/zelda/rtype/etc games runs full frames (60) at 400Mhz (no clocking) :D btw i am using 2.0.10 for morphgear. :)