View Full Version : e335 and how to go wireless?

extral
02-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Hi Everyone-

I have an e335 and am trying to figure out how I can surf the internet via my cell phone. I know that I could do it via an SD Bluetooth card and a Bluetooth phone, which of course my cellular carrier does not have. I currently have an Audiovox 9500 phone. Can I do anything?

Thanks!

rexito
02-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Greetings,

Yes, to answer your question.

Please visit www.socketcom.com

and this should prove useful...

Assuming your phone operates on the CDMA network (eg. Sprint PCS, Verizon, etc.) then you should be all set.

What you can purchase is the compact flash digital card for your specific Audiovox model, from SocketCom, and this will bridge your PDA to surfing bliss...

extral
02-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the response. The only problem is that the e335 takes an SD card and it appears the socketcom only offers Compact Flash. :cry:

Gremmie
02-17-2003, 03:17 AM
http://www.thesupplynet.com/searchResults.cfm?prodMadeBy=272&SubString=&mySearch=mfg

Check here, under Cellular Digital Data Cables you should see your cell phone. It uses the serial (bottom/sync) port. If I remember correctly, it tends to use your cell phone's battery a bit more, but is a CF alternative.

Warren335
02-22-2003, 04:31 AM
Thats if the cable ever comes out. They just pushed it back another month.

Steve Jordan
06-12-2003, 05:29 PM
I tried the cable on my e330. I loaded the driver and followed the instructions, but the phone won't initiate dialling. It's like the two aren't communicating at all.

I know the software recommends stopping all on the PDA, but not everything on the e330 stops completely... like the calendar.

I tried speaking to Motorola tech support, and we confirmed that the phone works (duh). Toshiba was ZERO help. (Which, considering they put IE on this thing, but give you no way to connect outside of synching to a computer with better internet capabilities than any PDA, amazes the Bloody Hell out of me.) What now? Does anyone know of a support source?

saxamoophone
06-22-2003, 03:11 PM
The SD Wi Fi comes out next month, and should work for it, since it has a SDI/O slot.

Steve Jordan
06-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the SD WiFi card, so I can surf around the house. But I'd still like to be able to get net access "on the road," and WiFi doesn't cover the entire continent (yet).

Everything else seems to work fine, so I think I can safely say the e740 serial-to-USB driver is the problem here. Whatever differences there are between the 330 and the 740 are not being compensated for by the driver. I guess at this point, I (and Extral) need hacker support to reconfigure the e740 driver to work with the e330.