View Full Version : hard reset proof axim question?

franke2004
02-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Here's my situations....I have several programs intalled on my rom and shortcuts in the windows>start menu>programs folder. When I did a hard reset, the shortcuts I had placed in that folder had been erased.
Is there any way to install the shortcuts the way the factory installed ones are so that they survive a hard reset?

Thanks everyone.

StarkAZ75
02-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I think the way that the default programs work is that they have some sort of script in them that basically writes the shortcut to the program folder the first time you start up the computer after a hard reset. I don't know if there's a registry key or something that you can edit to get your files to do the same. What I would do is just copy your folder with all of the shortcuts in it to your desktop and just recopy it to the Axim whenever you do a hard reset. That's probably the easiest solution. Make sure you constantly have an up to date copy of that folder. You should be able to do this automatically through Activesync.

Rirath
02-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Or just make a copy of your shortcut folder in ROM. (or just the rom linked shortcuts) Shouldn't take much space.