View Full Version : "G" and iPAQ 54xx

denethor
02-15-2003, 10:49 PM
Hi all.
I have a D-LINK DI-624 with updated 1.09 firmware. My 5450 could not connect to my access point. There are a lot of threads in the net about Lynksys G router and 5450 but there is no solution. iPAQ can see SSID and it says scanning, joining, authenticating and again and again. HP keep saying that "G is a draft standart" woow what a support :?: There are tens of 802.11b adaptors that can connect to "G" routers. The only 802.11b device which is unable to connect "G" routers is 54xx. Is there anybody done successfull infrastructre mode connection to "G" routers.

bdegroodt
02-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Hmmm...I was just going to post this link on the G/B incompatability issues some folks are experiencing. Check out this slashdot post. (http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/17/1253249)

denethor
02-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks. Now I am in touch with D-Link support about above problem. But now we are in early stupid questions step :wink: "D-Link: Did you tried to set router to 11 Mbits manually?."Mmy reply is : Yes I already tried 2 to 11Mbit, all possible settings" 8) etc...

denethor
02-19-2003, 11:29 PM
:evil:
Hi Folks;
Here is the reply from D-Link after 3 days of my 2nd reply to them:
"This router is only backward compatible with 802.11b"

Damn it! I do not remmember that how many times I said them: 5450 is a 802.11b device :x They do not know anything about 5450. I think I have to wait several router firmware updates and pray for someone from dlink will debug 5450 connection attempts to DI-624 before developing new firmware!

Thanks D-Link keep going....

bdegroodt
02-19-2003, 11:33 PM
This is the only reason I haven't taken the G plunge yet. It seems like the manufacturers are doing a bit of a cart before the horse routine here. I'm sure it will get worked out in the next quarter. It seems to be a hot topic right about now.

denethor
02-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Yes but I really need this speed because I am coping large files from my laptop to desktop occasionally. (VMvare images, movies, large PST backups etc..) This router is not just a Internet gateway for me

bdegroodt
02-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Yes but I really need this speed because I am coping large files from my laptop to desktop occasionally. (VMvare images, movies, large PST backups etc..) This router is not just a Internet gateway for me

I think that's true for a lot of us (Try Linux distros :D ) and that's why I haven't purchased the G gear yet. When I have to, I just plug in and leave the WiFi behind for the big jobs. G sounds like once the standards are ironed out will get us at least half way there.